RFPs Decoded: SP Home Run Inc. Breaks Down the Complexity of RFPs for Small Business Computer Consultants
Six Questions that VARs and MSPs Should Ask Before Tackling RFPs
LAKE WORTH, FL - For small business computer consultants, VARs, and MSPs with specialized vertical niches, Requests for Proposals (RFPs) can be a crucial component of the sales cycle. Business owners and their IT sales staff must know how to write proposals that stand out in order to be successful at securing IT support agreements.
SP Home Run Inc. suggests six questions that IT business owners should ask when they encounter an RFP:
- Does everything about the potential client seem super secret? If the reader of the RFP doesn’t come away with at least a bit of knowledge about the client and what it does, then don’t expect that to change once this prospect becomes a paying client. It’s hard for a small business computer consultant, VAR, or MSP to meet a client’s needs if the technology provider doesn’t know anything about the client.
- Who is in charge here? A bidder needs to know who the main point of contact is and who the decision maker is. Ambiguous authority wastes time.
- How much information is a prospective client looking for? Keep in mind that if a potential client is asking for large amounts of information on things that seem out of the realm of being “normal,” the technology provider may need to devote lots of unforeseen handholding time to this client relationship, which could cost a lot of additional money and resources in the long run.
- Does the potential client seem to be asking the right questions? The prospective client does not necessarily have to understand every nuance about computer service contracts. However, if the prospect is asking the right questions, it may indicate that it will be easy to work with this potential client.
- Does the IT service contract RFP contain a compliance matrix? Is there a table or graphic that contains a list of all of the requirements of the IT service contract, and then a column where the bidding company indicates where it complies? If the RFP does not contain a compliance matrix, then it would be great to include one. This extra above-and-beyond step goes a long way toward making a small business computer consultant, VAR, or MSP stand out from the crowd.
- How do the potential client’s values compare with those of the technology provider? In order to build and maintain a productive relationship, both client and technology provider need to be on the same page from the beginning.
“Winning an important contract can sometimes come down to decoding the RFP,” said Joshua Feinberg, Business Development Director of SP Home Run Inc. “Asking the right questions before putting together a proposal can help IT business owners and their sales staff create proposals that will knock the socks off of prospective clients and leave the competition in the dust.”
Small business computer consultants, VARs, and MSPs can learn more about RFPs, recurring revenue, and IT service contracts by downloading a free special report on IT Service Contract Secrets for Getting More Repeat Clients and Recurring Service Revenue at http://www.sphomerun.com/it-service-contract-secrets-nv
About SP Home Run Inc.
SP Home Run Inc. helps small business IT service providers get more high-paying, steady B2B clients by providing a suite of proven tools and resources that are available exclusively to SP Home Run Inc. members. The tools and resources focus on IT marketing and targeted lead generation, selling IT services and lead nurturing, IT service contracts, managed computer consulting, IT channel and small business technology, and starting a computer business.
The company currently serves clients all over the world. Its client base includes computer consulting businesses, VARs, network integrators, IT solution providers, MSPs, system builders, and computer repair businesses.
More information about SP Home Run Inc. can be found at http://www.sphomerun.com/About-SP-Home-Run-Inc/
- Contact Information
- Joshua Feinberg
- Business Development Director
- SP Home Run Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.