More Seniors Choose to Discover America’s Backyard with YMT Vacations in 2012
Leader in Affordable Vacations for Mature Travelers Reports Increased Demand for Domestic Travel This Summer
EL SEGUNDO, CA –YMT Vacations, the leading provider of affordable group travel packages, is pleased to report strong growth in domestic travel for U.S. destinations this summer. Several of YMT’s U.S. itineraries are ahead by more than 70 percent as more Americans choose to vacation closer to home during 2012.
One of the more popular destinations for senior travelers is Hawaii as YMT’s bookings have more than doubled for the summer season. In addition, overall summer bookings are up nearly 20 percent over the same period a year ago, and have increased nearly 40 percent during the past month.
“We have seen the interest in traveling close to home continue to rise,” stated Jerre Fuqua, President of YMT Vacations. “America is a vast and beautiful country with many opportunities for exploration. In addition, I believe that more travelers are opting to tour Hawaii and the U.S. mainland as it represents great value and easy access for our guests, especially as international airfares continue to rise.”
In response to this growth in demand, YMT has released the company’s Best of the Americas 2012 brochure, which features 17 captivating cruises and exclusive land tours to North and Central America. Highlighted destinations include Hawaii, Alaska, the Great Northwest, New England, the Rose Parade, Canada, and Panama. Priced from $86 - $140 per day, all tours include cruise cabin or hotel accommodations, luxury motor coaches, sightseeing, and knowledgeable guides.
- National Parks of the Golden West Tour: 14-day journey with multiple departure dates in July and August 2012. Priced from $1,199 per person based on double occupancy.
- Autumn Leaves Tour: 14-day journey with multiple departure dates in September and October 2012. Priced from $1,299 per person based on double occupancy.
- Rose Parade and Coastal California: 10-day journey departing December 29, 2012. Priced from $1,199 per person based on double occupancy.
- Alaska Cruise and Canadian Rockies Tour: 15-day journey with multiple departure dates in June – September 2012. Priced from $1,899 per person based on double occupancy.
- Hawaii Cruise & Tour: 12-day journey with multiple departure dates in September – December 2012. Priced from $1,499 per person based on double occupancy.
For more information about YMT’s Best of the Americas 2012, to request a brochure, or to make a reservation, please contact YMT Vacations at 1-800-922-9000 or visit the website at www.ymtvacations.com.
About YMT Vacations:
Based in sunny Los Angeles, YMT Vacations has been a leader in providing affordable travel packages since 1967. YMT tours are targeted to a mature audience and feature land and cruise itineraries to popular destinations including Alaska, Hawaii and Europe. Over one million travelers have enjoyed YMT’s time-tested tour programs and nearly half of their guests are repeats or referrals – two facts that illustrate that YMT Vacations truly is the best travel value available.
- Contact Information
- Kelsey Tomascheski
- PR & Communications Manager
- YMT Vacations
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.