American Society For Surgery For the Hand selects EventMingle as their social networking application for upcoming conference
LAGUNA BEACH, Calif., June 20, 2006— EventMingle today announced it has been selected as the official online social networking application for the 61st Annual Meeting of the American Society For Surgery of the Hand, which will be held at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington DC, September 7-9, 2006. EventMingle is an online collaboration Web application developed to allow attendees, exhibitors and speakers of this event to meet online prior to arriving at the event in order to improve face-to-face interactions once they arrive.
EventMingle has created a custom site for participants at http://www.EventMingle.com.
EventMingle will give participants the following features:
• Internal E-mail System - Attendees and exhibitors will use EventMingle’s built-in e-mail system to communicate without giving either party access to their personal contact info until they’re ready.
• Detailed Online Exhibitor Directory - Exhibitors can publish extended information, including a searchable product directory, current press releases, current job openings and planned booth giveaways.
• Job Board - Attendees and exhibitors can post job openings on the job board. Attendees can also post their resumes online anonymously.
• Advanced Search Features - Participants can search for people based on their location, title and interests.
• Message Forums - The message forums allow people to discuss exhibitors, press releases, products, special events, exhibitor giveaway items and job postings.
• The Daily Planner – Participants will create a detailed to-do list they can take with them to the event. EventMingle becomes attendees’ personal assistant in helping them get organized for the event prior to leaving for the airport.
“We’re very pleased to be working with the American Society for Surgery of the Hand to enable their 61st annual meeting attendees, speakers and exhibitors to meet and collaborate online prior to arriving to their annual conference in September. We believe these medical professionals are going to arrive better prepared because they have had a chance to network and exchange ideas with their colleagues on EventMingle”, states Jim Harrer, CEO of Specialty Match Network, Inc.
Danielle Conkle, Meetings and Exhibits Coordinator with the ASSH commented, “The Hand Society is excited to launch this innovative event technology at our Annual Meeting this fall. Our personalized EventMingle site offers a variety of beneficial services and we are excited to lead the trend in offering an online social networking application from a meeting perspective. From connecting with others attending the same sessions, to running searches on products and services to be displayed in the exhibit hall, our attendees will be able to use EventMingle to better manage their onsite schedules and get more involved before they even set foot in Washington DC!”
About American Society for Surgery of the Hand
The mission of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (ASSH) is to advance the science and practice of hand surgery through education, research and advocacy on behalf of patients and practitioners. Founded in 1946, the American Society for Surgery of the Hand is the oldest medical specialty society in the United States devoted entirely to continuing medical education related to hand surgery.
EventMingle is the first Web-based, online social networking technology designed to cater to the tradeshow industry. EventMingle enables attendees, exhibitors and speakers to collaborate online prior to the event.
EventMingle is a wholly owned subsidiary of Specialty Match Network, a privately owned company based in Laguna Beach, Calif. See http://www.SpecialtyMatch.com for more info.
For more info about EventMingle, contact Jim Harrer, 949-607-0980
For more info about ASSH, visit http://www.assh.org
- Contact Information
- Jim Harrer
- Specialty Match Network
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.