Research Finds that Facebook Users are More Likely to Purchase from Brands they have “Liked“
eVOC Insights Announces Results from its Social Networking Report 2012: What Can Facebook Do for Me? Benchmarks and Best Practices from Brand Leaders
SAN FRANCISCO, CA – January, 2012 – eVŌC Insights, a customer experience consulting firm announces the release of its latest social networking report, “What Can Facebook Do for Me? Benchmarks and Best Practices from Brand Leaders”. eVŌC Insights conducted this research to help marketers leverage Facebook to engage consumers, build brand loyalty, and effectively create social ambassadors who will promote their brands online and offline. This report tracks the performance of the social media industry from 2008 to 2011 and provides best practices for marketers interested in making social media a successful component of their brand strategy.
- 87% of U.S. consumers currently use a social networking site, up from 68% in 2008
- 66% are looking for special offers and coupons on Facebook
- 59% of users have “Liked” a Facebook page in the past 6 months
- 54% are ’somewhat’ or ’much’ more likely to purchase from a brand they “Liked”
- Most popular “Liked” pages are Food Brands, TV Shows, Music, Movies, Clothing
- 70% of ages 40+ “Like” Food Brands; 74% of Teens “Like” Movies, Music, and TV
- More than 50% of users are accessing social networking via mobile device
- Groupon is a rising star in the social ethos; 30% of U.S. consumers use Groupon
- Screenshots from top “Liked” Facebook pages in Media, CPG and Retail (Clothing)
- Best practices for designing and driving loyalty for Facebook brand pages
- Track awareness, usage, and perception of social websites and mobile apps
- Identify primary reasons for usage of social websites and mobile apps today
- Determine perceived strengths, weaknesses, and unmet needs from social media
- Identify what role companies / brands play in the social arena
- Determine how brands can best utilize social media to engage consumers
- Discover how brands can leverage social media to develop brand ambassadors
For this study, eVŌC surveyed 400+ U.S. online consumers in September 2011, who are all currently using or interested in using social networking websites. This data is benchmarked against the same set of demographics and metrics collected from our Social Networking survey of 400 U.S. online consumers conducted in March 2008.
Obtain a Free Abstract for this report:
For more information about this report, please contact Liz Webb at –email@example.com–
- Contact Information
- Liz Webb
- eVOC Insights
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.