Body Bar Launches Body Bar FLEX – the Collegiate Series
Developed to Enhance High School and College Strength & Conditioning Programs
BOULDER, CO – December 12, 2011 – Body Bar Inc. a premier fitness company specializing in products and educational tools for fitness enthusiasts of all ages and abilities, today announced that it has expanded its Body Bar FLEX® personal training device for use in the high school and college strength and conditioning market.
The Body Bar FLEX variable resistance bar enhances training by enabling the athlete to perform exercise movements in ways that are not possible with just one piece of traditional equipment:
- Stretching - Allows the joints and muscles to move effectively through their full and normal range of motion. The bar serves as an excellent alignment tool.
- Isotonic - These exercises develop muscular strength and endurance through multiple repetitions, while recruiting deep core muscles.
- Isometric - Bending and holding the Body Bar FLEX is an excellent way to build strength and joint stability, while constantly engaging the core.
- Compound - Integrated movement patterns where more than one muscle group is worked at a time.
- Oscillatory or “Dynamic Inertial Resistance” - Holding the bar in the center –with either one or both hands– and shaking it, causing the bar to vibrate rapidly. The hands and arms are held in various positions, offering a remarkably effective way to strengthen, tone, and condition the short fiber muscles and sensory receptors of various muscle groups, while promoting core stabilization. The short, dynamic, inertia-based movements, coupled with the resistance inherent to the Body Bar FLEX, help bring the muscles to a heightened state of fatigue, very quickly. This movement is also very effective as prehab for, as well as rehab from, injury.
- Aid in Teaching Effective Lifting Techniques - The light weight and ample length of the Body Bar FLEX enables a Strength & Conditioning Coach to move effortlessly through the lifting procedure, showing proper form.
“My goal as a Strength and Conditioning coach is to continually look for ways to improve my ability to coach, and this includes identifying devices, methods, and programs that will allow my athletes to train more effectively,” commented Todd Riedel MEd, ISSA, USAW, RSCC, NSCA-CPT, CSCS, director of Strength & Conditioning, Wofford College. “The Body Bar FLEX has met my needs in both of these areas. I recommend that all Strength and Conditioning coaches take a look at this, and consider adding several for use in their facilities.”
The Body Bar FLEX COLLEGIATE SERIES includes:
- BBFLEX-20CS - 20 pounds of resistance, weighs 27 ounces, is 48 inches long, with knurling marks in 3 places on the bar.
- BBFLEX-40PCS54 - 40 pounds of resistance, weighs 42 ounces, is 54 inches long, with knurling marks in 3 places on the bar.
Programming for the Collegiate Series includes an introductory DVD, comments from Coach Reidel, and a wall chart.
The Body Bar FLEX Collegiate Series is available on the Body Bar web site: http://www.bodybar.com/Body-Bar-Store/COLLEGIATE-SERIES
About the Body Bar FLEX
The award-winning Body Bar FLEX is a flexible composite rod with easy-grip durable rubber casing and end caps. Very light-weight, the bar can be used for balance and stretching when straight, but offers from 0 to its rated resistance (in pounds) when bent into a ‘U’. It’s ergonomically tailored flexibility allows full joint range of motion and works the entire body in simple or compound movements to develop strength, flexibility, coordination and balance. ;(www.bodybar.com/Body-Bar-Store/Body-Bar-Flex) or call 800-500-2030
About Body Bar Inc.
Founded in 1987, Body Bar provides the infinite workouts and solid educational tools that fitness enthusiasts of all ages and abilities still choose after 24 years – because they work! Body Bar provides quality products and innovative educational tools with a commitment to changing lives worldwide through functional fitness. We consider passion, integrity and fun to be essential elements of our content and community.
Body Bar products can be purchased online through (www.bodybar.com) 1-800-500-2030. Join Body Bar Inc. on Facebook and Twitter.
Body Bar and the Body Bar FLEX are registered trademarks of Body Bar Inc. in the United States and other countries. All company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated.
The Body Bar FLEX® Exercise Device. Patents 7,951,051; 7,704,198; and 7,112,166.
- Contact Information
- Marilyn Kroner
- Kroner Communications
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.