Delphi Presents Latest Technology for Agricultural Vehicle Industry
High performance, high-power connection systems; powertrain solutions to meet increasingly rigorous emissions standards; new integrated seat-based HVAC system; new brazed condenser; fuel analyser and new air conditioning recharging stations
HANOVER – As a supplier in the agricultural sector, Delphi Automotive offers its expertise as a high-tech partner in powertrain, thermal, electric and electronic architecture technologies and as a systems integrator. Delphi is applying its proven expertise with automobiles and commercial vehicles to develop rugged, reliable and durable products for the agricultural and construction vehicle industries.
On its booth at the Agritechnica show in Hanover, Germany (Nov. 13-19) in hall 25, stand H04, Delphi is showcasing a wide range of products including:
• Harsh Environment Series (HES) high performance, high-power connection systems: The Delphi Harsh Environment Series (HES) terminals are designed for application in 1.0 mm (size 20), 1.6 mm (size 16), and 2.4 mm (size 12) industry standard terminal cavities, and for performance in harsh environments which include agricultural equipment. Because HES terminals provide excellent performance and value, they are an optimal choice when selecting a standard cavity terminal. The HES terminals provide numerous advantages compared to industry standard terminals.
• Multec® Medium Duty Common Rail (MDCR) system: The world market for medium duty diesel engines has very specific requirements demanding high levels of durability, efficiency and robustness. The introduction of more stringent emission regulations drives the requirement in this sector for a high-pressure, fully-flexible, electronically-controlled fuel injection system. Delphi’s Multec® MDCR is a dedicated fuel injection system aimed at meeting the successive steps in emissions legislation, such as Tier 4 emissions standards. Delphi’s Multec® MDCR is a modular diesel fuel injection system capable of up to 2,000 bar system pressure, developed to meet the demanding requirements of medium-duty truck and off-highway engine applications. At the heart of the system is a fast servo-solenoid injector designed to optimize fuel rate, spray shape and accuracy. The highly-innovative system provides small injection quantities via a compact, easily packaged unit and uses closed-loop strategies to deliver precise fuel quantities over the life of the engine. This results in cost-effective, robust emissions and acoustics performance.
• Smart Remote Actuator (SRA): With millions in operation on some of the world’s most demanding applications, Delphi’s SRAs set the industry standard for high demand, precision electric actuators and demonstrate Delphi’s extensive expertise in this area. Delphi SRAs are used for precision exhaust valve and turbocharger control, primarily on medium duty and heavy duty commercial vehicles. They are specifically designed to survive in the toughest application environments and load demands. This reliable precision control allows optimum engine performance to be realized and enables compliance with exhaust emissions standards. Delphi SRAs are brushless motor devices with on-board control and communications electronics that actuate engine features, such as variable geometry and dual stage turbochargers, exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) valves and exhaust flap control valves. Precise position control, with expanded rotational range and extremely fast response to position commands, allows for accurate control necessary to reduce engine emissions that pneumatic and hydraulic actuators cannot achieve. Delphi’s SRAs feature a water-cooled aluminum body, steel gears and a DC brushless motor, which result in high torque and excellent durability. The solutions available for torque range from 1Nm – 10Nm.
• New Integrated Seat-Based HVAC System: Delphi’s new seat-based heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system simplifies the cab design process and minimizes equipment assembly while efficiently keeping passengers comfortable. The system is part of the E3 HVAC Seat, which combines Delphi’s Diavia HVAC application capability with the COBO Group’s steering column, seat, lighting, electric and electronic devices. The E3 HVAC Seat is displayed on the COBO stand in hall 26, stand G20. Ideal for medium-size vehicles, equipment cabins or small rooms, the E3 HVAC has a cooling capacity of 6.2 kW and a heating capacity of 5.8 kW. It can provide climate control for the cab only or for the cab and seat cushion by channeling air flow from the vents. By adjusting the vents, the operator can select the most comfortable cab temperature and keep the seat dry. Since the seat and HVAC unit are fully integrated, plug and play installation is simple and design and assembly time are reduced. The E3-HVAC seat is available through COBO’s global sales network.
• New brazed condenser: As a key component of the vehicle air conditioning (A/C) system, Delphi condensers are high efficiency, compact aluminum heat exchangers. Delphi focuses on developing efficient condensers to provide optimum performance for the vehicle A/C system. The new Delphi Diavia brazed condenser, with an integrated receiver drier, uses a non-louvered air fin that reduces the risk of clogging and facilitates cleaning during routine maintenance service. Utilizing normal high-pressure washers allows for a quick cleanup and reduced equipment downtime. Additionally, a brazed all-aluminum construction makes Delphi’s condensers lightweight and corrosion-resistant. The integrated filter reduces the risks of refrigerant leakage and lowers the cost due to a faster assembly and fewer refrigerant hose connections.
• Fuel analyser: The Delphi fuel analyser offers first level diagnostics of fuel quality, providing immediate and accurate results via a digital display screen. The hand-held unit specifies the level of biodiesel present in a fuel sample. If the fuel is contaminated with unrefined biodiesel or vegetable oils, an error code will identify the potential cause of contamination. Using this data, the workshop or garage can immediately identify whether there is an unacceptable amount of biodiesel present or if there is a contamination which will impact the fuel injection system. Only 46ml of fuel is required to undertake an analysis. This small amount of fuel can be retrieved from the fuel pump or filter, making this tool ideal for workshops receiving only systems components or garages servicing vehicles.
• Air conditioning recharging stations with a patented manifold for efficient refrigerant recovery: As the price of R134a refrigerant continues to rise, Delphi has introduced four air conditioning (A/C) recharging stations to its service portfolio that utilize an efficient method of recovering as much refrigerant from the car as possible to help garages lessen their refrigerant costs, all while helping to protect the environment. Each system features a patented aluminum manifold, which delivers efficient refrigerant recovery, enhanced leak protection, and easier assembly and access for quick, accurate recovery and recharging of both passenger and commercial vehicle thermal systems, including hybrid and electric vehicles. The recharging stations also feature a coalescent filter with a unique method of returning oil to the recovery compressor, ensuring a longer life.
Delphi is a leading global supplier of electronics and technologies for automotive, commercial vehicle and other market segments. Operating major technical centers, manufacturing sites and customer support facilities in 30 countries, Delphi delivers real-world innovations that make products smarter and safer as well as more powerful and efficient. Connect to innovation at www.delphi.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.