Quinn-Direct completes more than 95% of claims inspections within 48 hours of Monday 26th flooding
In what has undoubtedly been a difficult week for some of our customers, QUINN-direct is pleased to say that our speedy claims resolution policy has resulted in our customers having their claims inspected within 48 hours of Monday 26th October’s flo
In what has undoubtedly been a difficult week for some of our customers, QUINN-direct is pleased to say that our speedy claims resolution policy has resulted in our customers having their claims inspected within 48 hours of Monday 26th October’s flooding.
On top of this the settlement process is well underway, with some claims already agreed and cheques in the post. This is expected to continue apace. Properties in 10 counties, across three provinces were affected by the flooding with some 88% of affected properties situated in County Dublin. The presence of QUINN-direct regional claims managers in each of the counties ensured that approximately 95% of properties affected were visited and assessed within 48 Hours.
The predominant damage is to fixtures & fittings and contents on the ground floor of properties. This was an exceptional event and we are glad to say we responded promptly in order to make things just a little easier for our customers.
According to Brian Storey, Head of Commercial Claims, ‘QUINN-direct has a stellar record for settling claims quickly. We pride ourselves on having a proactive approach to claims resolution and are committed to offering customers a fast and hassle-free claims resolution process. These were exceptional circumstances for our customers this week and we are pleased that we have in the last couple of days already settled a number of claims and our customers have received payments.”
Flood damage is covered on QUINN-direct policies and it was precisely for such events that home insurance and car insurance exists. When making a claim on your Quinn-direct car insurance policy you should telephone the claims helpline as soon as you realise that you need to make a claim. QUINN-direct have a 24-hour emergency helpline to offer guidance and support and are in contact within 24 hours to assist in every way possible. If you need to make a claim as a result of the recent flooding below is a checklist of things to do;
- STAY CALM - Accidents happen. Try to remain calm.
- GET HELP - Check if anyone is hurt and if needed call an ambulance and the gardai.
- STAY SAFE - The most important thing to do is ensure that you and your property are safe from further damage.
- CALL US - Call QUINN-direct (1895 858 530) if you can to report the incident.
- KEEP RECORDS - One tip to help speed up your claim is to save any receipts or documentation. It is advisable for policyholders to take photographs of the scene prior to moving any items from the home.
- KEEP DAMAGED ITEMS - Don’t throw away any damaged items, unless they are a danger to health. Keep any damaged items you wish to claim for so they can be inspected. Some items may be able to be repaired or restored. Your insurer can advise.
If you feel that an insurance claim was unreasonably declined you should first contact your insurer to query the decision. If you’re still unhappy with the decision, you have the right to refer the matter to the Insurance Ombudsman at: The Financial Services Ombudsman’s Bureau, 3rd Floor, Lincoln House, Lincoln Place, Dublin 2, Phone Number 1890 882090.
- Contact Information
- Colette Campbell
- Quinn Direct
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.