Swimming Taken To A New Level With Professional Barcoding Tracking
The 35th Save The Bay annual swim was a fund raising event with aims in protecting, restoring, and encouraging stewardship for Narragansett Bay. For more information visit www.savebay.org/swim.
Save The Bay Foundation asked ValuTrack to help track swimmers during the 35th Annual Save The Bay fundraising event to provide a better accuracy in tracking swimmers entering the water until the end of the swim. This year, 475 swimmers participated in the annual fundraising event.
ValuTrack along with Zspace and Epson provided the following:
- Swimmers were given a bar-coded wristband with their unique swimming ID number in the bar-coded wristbands. The wristband and the ink that was used to print the coded wristbands were donated by Epson who also provided color ink jet printer for printing bar-coded wristbands.
- The barcoding software for Data collection was made and donated by Z-Space (also including licenses to run the software). It kept track of swimmers in every wave. Each wave (4 waves) had different kind of swimmers in different start times.
- When swimmers registered on the day of the event, the bar coded wristband was scanned and they were directed into their assigned wave.
- At the beginning of every wave, the system recorded the time that each swimmer began during the wave.
- When swimmers completed their swim, the wristband was scanned and the time they complete their swim was recorded.
- The software provided summary of the number of swimmers in every way, the swimmers who completed their wave, and the number of swimmers left in every wave to make sure all swimmers were safe.
- Data was then uploaded in an electronic spreadsheet (Excel) file for additional study and analysis.
For next year, the barcoding software will be enhanced to further simplify the process of tracking swimmers, get more accurate start and finish times, and other modifications that had been of a help in the said event.
For further information on barcoding software, please contact: KJ Steinhoff, Marketing@Valutrack.com, or visit http://www.valutrack.com.
- Contact Information
- KJ Steinhoff
- ValuTrack Corporation
- (1) 866.825.8382
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.