Snapfish by HP Teams with Susan G. Komen for the Cure to Support Breast Cancer Awareness Month
PinkGives Store offers exclusive personalized photo products for the cause
PALO ALTO, Calif. - Snapfish by HP, the No. 1 online personal publishing service, today announced a corporate relationship with Susan G. Komen for the Cure® in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
Throughout October, Snapfish is offering exclusive PinkGives photo products in its online store at www.snapfish.com/pinkgives – including cards, jewelry, calendars, bookmarks and notebooks – to raise awareness for the cause and enable members to show their support through the creation of personalized gifts for family and friends.
For each purchase made, Snapfish will donate 30 percent of all proceeds up to $25,000 to Susan G. Komen, the boldest community fueling the best science and making the biggest impact in the fight against breast cancer.
“Snapfish, like many families, has been personally affected by breast cancer, so this is an issue that is near and dear to our hearts,” said Helen Vaid, general manager, Snapfish by HP. “As such, we desire to support this effort by partnering with Susan G. Komen, also dedicated to support, awareness, the importance of early detection and finding cures.”
Select PinkGives products include:
- Card collections designed exclusively by Snapfish designers from around the world, including Viva Greetings, Two Branching Out, Short Pockets, Gakemi Art + Design and Evince Design, available from $0.45 each;
- Pink notebooks and notepads that can be customized with various personal photo layouts in a variety of designs and backgrounds, such as “Pink Ribbons,” “Pink Butterflies,” “Pink Flourish” and “Pink Branches,” available from $7.99;
- Photo calendars available in “Pink Flutter” designs in 8.5- x 11-inch, 11.5- x 14-inch and 12- x 12-inch in 12- or 18-month versions. Members also can create custom captions to include birthdays, anniversaries or other important dates such as doctor checkups to serve as reminders available from $18.99.
- Photo stickers, sold in sheets of 20 for $4.99, which serve as an ideal stationery accompaniment or pink party favor;
- Hardcover journals with more than 40 designs by Paper Coterie to capture favorite memories, jot down to-do lists, schedule appointments or write about the day, available for $14.99;
- Premium personal stationery on 100 percent recycled paper by Paper Culture, starting from $1.39 each. For every order, a tree will be planted, enabling members to be both stylish and environmentally conscious at the same time.
- Bookmarks provided by Snapily to animate photos in personalized flip-book style effect (that is, two images flip as you rotate the same card back and forth), available for $5.99 each; and
- Sterling silver necklaces with swinging lockets for a stand-out gift to hold a favorite photo, which comes sealed in a waterproof, UV-resistant coating to protect the image and sent in a gift box, available for $85 from Planet Jill.
“Support from partners like Snapfish helps us achieve so much in this fight,” said Margo K. Lucero, vice president, Business Development and Partnerships, Susan G. Komen for the Cure. “The five-year survival rate when detected early is over 98 percent! Enabling our supporters as well as members on Snapfish to enjoy unique, personalized photo gifts while also giving them a chance to contribute to the cause is a way that, together, we can continue to take action in the fight against breast cancer.”
Snapfish has a long-standing tie to breast cancer awareness and the support of the cause as two young women in the Snapfish family were previously diagnosed with breast cancer in 2004 and 2006. Today, both women are doing well today and have become advocates for awareness, early detection and prevention of the disease. They help to inform and drive the Snapfish breast cancer awareness programming each year.
Snapfish also invites its members to show how they are supporting breast cancer awareness month by encouraging them to write to firstname.lastname@example.org with their event details – whether it’s a walk, fundraising campaign or party – for a chance to receive Snapfish support as an official photo sponsor for their breast cancer awareness-related event. Snapfish will select four events from all submissions and will fund up to $1,500 in product for each event that is selected.
About Susan G. Komen for the Cure
Nancy G. Brinker promised her dying sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer. Today, Susan G. Komen for the Cure works to end breast cancer in the U.S. and throughout the world through ground-breaking research, community health outreach, advocacy and programs in more than 50 countries with a special focus on low-resource and developing nations. Visit komen.org. Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure at the convergence of the cloud and connectivity, creating seamless, secure, context-aware experiences for a connected world. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.