LifePics Chooses Best Five Apps for Mobile Camera Phones
October 10, 2011, BOULDER, Colo. – One of the advantages of smart-phones is the ability to take pictures with a mobile camera phone, and as a result, consumers are also becoming more sophisticated with their smart-phone photography. To complement their efforts, LifePics has announced its selections for the best five apps that enhance users’ camera phone photography.
“LifePics’ goal is to make photography convenient and fun for everyone. From being a one-stop-shop for high-quality photo gifts, to helping camera-phone users get prints in one-hour, LifePics is a partner for consumers who want to simplify the complexity of using digital photo devices while still taking advantage of the latest technology,” said Ken McDonald, vice president of marketing and customer success for LifePics. “We selected these mobile apps because we think they offer the best features while still being simple and convenient.”
- Instagram - Instagram is a free iPhone app that allows camera phone photographers to use a variety of different filters to change the look and feel of their photos. It is a popular and fun app, and the company plans to release versions for Android and other platforms as well.
- Hipstamatic - Hipstamatic is another iPhone-specific app that lets users take photos using a variety of retro lenses, cameras, and filters built right into the app. Users can change different lenses or cameras with the swipe of a finger to take retro looking photos.
- LifePics – LifePics’ apps allows users to order, view, and share photos from their online photo account. The LifePics app is available for iPhones, iPads, Android phones, and Windows Phone 7 phones. It is a free app that lets users log into their online photo account to view and share pictures. The iPhone and Windows Phone 7 versions also allows users to order photos from their online account or from the phone’s photo library to a local photo-mat store.
- Best Camera App - The concept behind the Best Camera app is, “The best camera is the one you have with you.” Sometimes a smart-phone is the only camera available to capture a moment. The Best Camera app lets users quickly shoot, edit and share photos from an iPhone as well as choose from a number of different filters to enhance photos and share them to a number of different sites.
- Path - Path is a photo-sharing app that allows users to take photos and videos and share them with their close family and friends. Unlike other apps, Path focuses on personal relationships so users can share their photos with a small group of people, and not their entire social network.
To learn more about LifePics can help turn your digital photos into prints, photo gifts or art, please visit us at www.lifepics.com. To download the LifePics’ iPhone, iPad or Android apps, please visit http://www.lifepics.com/apps.
LifePics is the market leader in turning images into prints and photo gifts by connecting billions of digital images to more fulfillment options than any other service on the Internet. Using LifePics’ technology, consumers use the easy order interface to directly submit their digital pictures - taken on cameras or smart phones - to retail photofinishers in their own cities. Orders can be sent directly to stores for one-hour service, or routed to major wholesalers, gift providers, photo book manufacturers, and an assortment of other service providers. The LifePics service is available at more than 13,000 retail stores across North America, Australia, and Africa.
For more information, visit LifePics at www.LifePics.com.
# # #
- Contact Information
- Chris Newton
- Media Contact
- (1) (303) 413-9500
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.