Call for Europe to tighten up Holidaymakers Travel Rights!
HolidayTravelWatch has created a shameful list of holiday complaints from hotels and cruise ships. It calls on the EU Parliament & Commission to Act to protect Consumers
Throughout this 2011 summer holiday period, HolidayTravelWatch has been shocked at the nature of the holiday complaints it has received. Many of the complaints made are a reminder of the mid-1990’s, when Consumers began to complain en-masse about standards found in their Package Holidays. The complaints are wide and varied and cover hotels and cruise ships.
In our full release we detail 12 shocking complaints from one hotel; 35 shocking complaints from cruise holidays and a further list of more general but nonetheless disturbing holiday complaints.
Frank Brehany, the Consumer Director for HolidayTravelWatch states:
“I really did expect that after the flurry of cases in the late 1990’s, we would have seen a real improvement in the holiday product. It is a stain on the Travel Industry that complaints of this nature still exist in 2011”
"It is now obvious to any observer, that there is a real need for our legislators to take the urgent and necessary action to improve Travel Consumer Rights and Safety; I consider that it is necessary to:
- Strengthen the new Package Travel Directive on the issue of so-called DIY holiday sales to prevent real detriment being suffered by holidaymakers;
- Strengthen the new Package Travel Directive to ensure higher health and safety standards;
- Strengthen the new Package Travel Directive to provide maximum financial protection to holidaymakers;
- Introduce an EU Vessel Sanitation Program;
- Introduce Personal Safety Legislation on cruise ships in EU waters;
- Introduce Child Safety legislation covering hotels and cruise ships"
“If the UK Consumer experience is anything to go by, I am certain that their experiences are replicated by holidaymakers throughout the EU. If the EU Parliament is serious about creating a true EU-wide sustainable travel product, then policy creation needs to have Consumer needs at its heart. I sincerely hope that those within the EU Parliament and Commission will pay heed to these complaints and bring a balance to the process of consultation and the creation of laws that benefit all”
- Contact Information
- Frank Brehany
- Consumer Director
- (44) 8450179229
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.