Cisco TelePresence Plays Doubles at Rogers Cup
Real-time video connectivity allows spectators to be in two places at once during two-city tournament
TORONTO, Ontario – Cisco today announced the 2011 Rogers Cup presented by National Bank, Canada’s foremost tennis tournament, will be utilizing Cisco TelePresence® technology to connect spectators, journalists and players in Toronto and Montreal.
For the first time in the history of Rogers Cup, both the men’s and women’s tournaments will be staged simultaneously. The women’s tournament will take place at the Rexall Centre in Toronto August 6-14, while the men will compete August 5-14 at Montreal’s Uniprix Stadium. Multiple Cisco TelePresence systems will connect both venues through high-definition video, allowing participants in both cities to interact with each other throughout the event.
• Cisco TelePresence is an immersive meeting experience, boasting high definition video and audio clarity, and providing live, face-to-face communication for enhanced collaboration between participants.
• The 2011 Rogers Cup is one of the largest technology integrations Cisco Canada has deployed at an event, with Cisco TelePresence located in the players’ lounges, media rooms, Rogers Connected Zone and Tennis Canada booth, and capable of connecting up to five locations at any given time.
• Cisco TelePresence will be utilized in the media rooms both in Toronto and Montreal during daily press conferences, allowing journalists and players to interact seamlessly regardless of location.
• Players will have access to the desktop-compatible Cisco TelePresence EX 90 with its touch screen interface in the players lounge in each city for face-to-face communication with one another, the media and fans.
• Every day from August 8-14 at 2:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. ET, spectators in both cities will be treated to the ultimate fan experience and be able to talk to players and tournament directors via Cisco TelePresence located in the Rogers and Tennis Canada tents.
• While not in use for TelePresence sessions, the Cisco screens will display match updates and customized content for Rogers Cup attendees.
Michael S. Downey, president and CEO, Tennis Canada:
“Beginning this summer, Rogers Cup will be ‘virtually combined,’ and we’re thrilled to be using Cisco TelePresence to enable fans, journalists and players to interact across both venues as if they were all in the same room. It’s a terrific way to enhance the fan experience by providing virtual access to the players themselves.”
Nitin Kawale, president, Cisco Canada:
“This exciting initiative at the Rogers Cup is a perfect illustration of the power of video to enhance the fan experience. Cisco TelePresence’s high-definition video link between Toronto and Montreal will connect spectators, media and players in new and exciting interactive ways. Whether you’re a tennis fan catching up on the action or a journalist in Toronto sitting in on a real-time press conference in Montreal, Cisco TelePresence brings people together for a unique and immersive experience.”
• Visit Rogers Cup: http://www.rogerscup.com
• Follow Rogers Cup on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RogersCup
• Follow Coupe Rogers on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CoupeRogers
• Visit Cisco Canada Collaborationand Blog
• Follow Cisco Canada on Twitter: http://twitter.com/ciscocanada
• Become a fan of Cisco Canada on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/CiscoCanada
About the Rogers Cup presented by National Bank
The Rogers Cup presented by National Bank is a Tennis Canada owned and operated world-class tournament celebrating its 131st anniversary of the men’s event from August 5-14, 2011 at Uniprix Stadium in Montreal and its 119th anniversary of the women’s event from August 6-14, 2011 at Rexall Centre in Toronto. As an ATP Masters 1000 tournament, Premier WTA tournament and U.S. Open Series event, Rogers Cup presented by National Bank will showcase the world’s best players. Rogers Cup presented by National Bank is the third-oldest title in tennis, behind only Wimbledon and the U.S. Open. For more information and tickets visit www.rogerscup.com.
About Tennis Canada
Founded in 1890, Tennis Canada is a non-profit, national sport association responsible for leading the growth, promotion and showcasing of tennis in Canada. Tennis Canada owns and operates two of the premier events on the ATP and WTA Tours; Rogers Cup presented by National Bank men’s and women’s events that rotate annually between Rexall Centre in Toronto and Uniprix Stadium in Montreal. In addition, Tennis Canada owns and operates seven professional ITF sanctioned events and financially supports seven other professional tournaments in Canada. Tennis Canada operates national training centres at the Centre of Excellence in Toronto and at Uniprix Stadium in Montreal. Tennis Canada is a proud member of the International Tennis Federation, the Canadian Olympic Committee, the Canadian Paralympic Committee and the International Wheelchair Tennis Association, and serves to administer, sponsor and select the teams for Davis Cup, Fed Cup, the Olympic and Paralympic Games and all wheelchair, junior and senior national teams. Tennis Canada invests its surplus into tennis development. For more information on Tennis Canada please visit our Web site at: www.LoveMeansNothing.ca.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Cisco Canada Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Cisco, has offices across Canada dedicated to customer support, sales and service. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com/canada/.
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.