Rite Aid Helps Customers Keep Pearly Whites Healthy and Shining Bright
Free Oral Health Guides in 4,700 Stores and Online as Part Rite Aid’s Awareness Effort
Members of Rite Aid’s Loyalty Program wellness+ Earn $5 Back When Buying $25 in Oral Health Products
CAMP HILL, PA – To help customers understand how a healthy mouth can impact overall health, Rite Aid is promoting good oral health to customers. Now through Sept. 27, Rite Aid is offering free educational guides, providing easy access to expert advice from pharmacists and offering wellness+ rewards for Rite Aid’s loyalty program members who purchase common oral health products.
Rite Aid’s campaign starts this week and is intended to show customers the importance of good oral health, which experts have long recognized as connected to overall health. Experts believe untreated gum disease may increase the risk for heart diseases and stroke. Good oral health also is essential for people with diabetes because gum disease may make it harder to manage blood sugar.
“Oral health is a natural subject for patients to discuss with their Rite Aid pharmacist, who is one of the most accessible members of most patients’ healthcare teams,” said Robert Thompson, Rite Aid Executive Vice President, Pharmacy. “Our pharmacists can show patients that by practicing smart dental habits, they’re taking steps to protect their mouth and overall health for years to come.”
Rite Aid’s free oral health guide is available now in 4,700 stores and online at www.riteaid.com and discusses:
• How inflammation from poor oral health may be linked to heart and blood vessel damage
• Why people with diabetes need to be especially careful to guard against mouth disease
• How parents can promote oral health in their children starting before they can brush their own teeth
• How to react in a dental emergency such as a broken, knocked out or chipped tooth
• How to alleviate persistent dry mouth, a common side effect of many medications
• Which foods are harmful to teeth and healthier alternatives to promote good oral health
• How to floss and brush correctly and the benefits both can bring
Visitors to www.riteaid.com can also:
• Watch videos portraying proper brushing and flossing techniques
• Receive oral health tips specific to children or to those with diabetes
• Learn about opportunities for low-cost dental care
Until Sept. 27, members of Rite Aid’s free customer loyalty program wellness+ can earn $5 in +UP Rewards to use like cash toward a future Rite Aid purchase. The +UP Rewards print on the bottom of register receipts once $25 in select oral health products have been purchased.
Rite Aid (NYSE: RAD) is one of the nation’s leading drugstore chains with approximately 4,700 stores in 31 states and the District of Columbia. Information about Rite Aid, including corporate background and press releases, is available through Rite Aid’s website at www.riteaid.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.