Epson Issues 2011 Sustainability Report
TOKYO, Japan - Seiko Epson Corporation (“Epson”, TSE: 6724) today announced that it has posted on its website its 2011 Sustainability Report, a publication that summarizes the Epson Group’s global CSR (corporate social responsibility) programs during the fiscal year ended March 31, 2011.
Epson’s mission is to realize its Management Philosophy of becoming “a company trusted throughout the world” by conducting its business in a socially responsible manner. Epson aims to be an open, progressive company, one that proactively uses a variety of communication tools to provide stakeholders with information on its business and philanthropic activities. One such communication tool is the annual Sustainability Report. The primary aim of the Sustainability Report is to explain how Epson is fulfilling its corporate social responsibility and building trust.
The editorial features and content of “Sustainability Report 2011” are summarized below.
Sustainability Report 2011 editorial features
1. The report is structured in sections corresponding to phrases in Epson’s Management Philosophy.
2. This year’s report was for an audience consisting primarily of Epson customers, and care was taken to select content from a customer perspective.
3. Feature articles present examples of actions being taken in line with the initiatives below that are designed to achieve the goals of the SE15 Long-Range Corporate Vision established in 2009.
4. Environmental accounting
o Initiative to crystallize Epson’s technological and collective strength: Commercialization of the SurePress L-4033A digital inkjet label press for industry
o Initiative to embody customer value in emerging markets: The launch in the Indonesian market of the L100 and L200 printers equipped with high-capacity ink tank systems
5. The report covers our global social and environmental programs.
• Commitment to customer satisfaction.The commercialization of the EB-1775W mobile projector and actions taken to enhance sensory quality are presented as examples of actions that have created customer value.
• Commitment to environmental conservation. Actions taken in the area of products, services, and manufacturing are reported in line with the SE15 Mid-Term Environmental Policy, which sets forth milestones on the road to achieving the goals of “Environmental Vision 2050.”
• Individuality and teamwork. This section covers topics such as a new personnel system that is to be introduced in 2012 for members of management and Epson’s approach to human resource development.
• Trusted throughout the world.Initiatives for the third year since the implementation of J-SOX and initiatives to strengthen the trade control system are among the topics covered.
• Prospering with the community.The section presents examples of strategic changes in community engagement and efforts to aid survivors of the earthquake and tsunami in northeastern Japan.
The Japanese and English versions of the Sustainability Report will be posted simultaneously on Epson’s website. A Chinese version will be made available at the end of August.
Epson is a global imaging and innovation leader that is dedicated to exceeding the vision of customers worldwide through its compact, energy-saving, high-precision technologies, with a product lineup ranging from printers and 3LCD projectors for business and the home, to electronic and crystal devices.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises nearly 75,000 employees in 100 companies around the world, and is proud of its ongoing contributions to the global environment and the communities in which it operates.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.