PSE&G Ready to Meet High Electric Demand
Newark, NJ – As hot and humid weather once again grips the region, PSE&G has taken steps to meet the expected high demand for electricity. The state’s largest utility is monitoring weather conditions and the impact on its delivery system. Although PSE&G expects to have no problem delivering the additional power, utility crews are at the ready to respond to service interruptions should they occur. The company has been advised by PJM, the regional grid operator, that power supplies are expected to be adequate to meet the increased demand. PJM has not issued any request to cut back on power.
Customers can take the following steps to stay comfortable and conserve in heat situations:
• Turn off everything you’re not using, including TVs and computers.
• If health conditions permit, raise your air conditioner to 78 degrees. You can save 3 to 5 percent on air conditioning costs for each degree you raise the thermostat.
• Also use fans to circulate air. Portable and ceiling fans use a tenth of the electricity of an air conditioner and can make 78 degrees feel cooler than it actually is.
• Close blinds, shades and draperies facing the sun to block summer light and help fans and air conditioners cool more efficiently.
• Close doors leading to uncooled parts of your home. If you have central air conditioning, close off vents to unused rooms.
• Check to ensure that no furniture or other obstacles are blocking ducts or fans, which will enable cooled air to circulate more frequently.
• Cook and use other heat-generating appliances in the early morning and late evening hours whenever possible.
To view demonstrations of how to save energy in your home, visit PSEG’s YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/psegvideo
For more energy saving tips and to conduct a free online home energy analysis, visit www.pseg.com/saveenergy.
Public Service Electric and Gas Company (PSE&G) is New Jersey’s oldest and largest regulated gas and electric delivery utility, serving nearly three-quarters of the state’s population. PSE&G is the winner of the ReliabilityOne Award for superior electric system reliability. PSE&G is a subsidiary of Public Service Enterprise Group Incorporated (PSEG) (NYSE:PEG), a diversified energy company (www.pseg.com).
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.