AOL Announces Launch of AOL Government
*Interactive Hub for Business of Government, With News, Analysis and Leading Edge Platform for Community Engagement
*Site Is Latest Offering from Recently Launched Trade Media Unit, AOL Industry
NEW YORK, - - AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL) today announces the launch of AOL Government, a source for industry news, video, community and expert analysis of the highly complex issues facing professionals who work in the government sector. Wyatt Kash, an award-winning journalist with an extensive background in business-to-business media management, content and business development, is Editor. AOL Government is the third subject-specific site launched by AOL Industry.
The announcement was made by Jay Kirsch, VP and General Manager of AOL Industry.
“The public sector is a complex and high stakes arena in which accurate, up-to-the minute information, knowledge and advice are essential,” said Jay Kirsch. “AOL Government connects industry insiders with each other in a real-time, online forum for sharing ideas, insights, best practices, and more. The site is a platform for this audience to engage each other about opportunities and challenges in the business of the Federal Government, a monumentally large and daunting area. We see this as a valuable resource for anyone who is working with or for the government, or issimply interested in keeping up with the latest news in this challenging world.”
AOL Governmentoffers a variety of content, from original stories,profiles and constantly updated blog posts to videos and data visualizations. The content mix is targets influencers and decision-makers in the sector. In addition, the site allows users to see their personal connections to the news and newsmakers of the day across the government and government contracting community through a robust integration of social networking tools, unusual in the trade media space today.
AOL Governmentis part of AOL Industry, which offers subject-specific news and analysis, tools and video to foster singular communities that enable professionals, experts and thought leaders to engage each other on the topics of energy, government and defense. AOL Industry previously launched AOL Energyin May and AOL Defensein June.
Before joining AOL Government, Wyatt Kash served as Editor-in-Chief of Government Computer News and Defense Systems, and previously served as Content Director for 1105 Media’s government technology events. Kash was recently honored by American Business Media for his outstanding career contributions, and his editorial teams have won numerous awards for excellence in journalism. He is based in Dulles, VA and Washington, D.C.
“As someone who has worked in the federal government marketplace over the last decade, my goal is to create AOL Government as a helpful tool at the intersection of government and business,” said Kash. “The site is designed to be a community platform for experts in this space and an opportunity for participants to discuss everything from procurement and contracts to the interworking of partnerships and projects.”
The site welcomes accomplished contributors including launch day bloggers:
· Vint Cerf, Chief Internet Evangelist at Google, who argues that discontent, the ability to fail, and the environment where managers can say “yes” are among the key ingredients for leaders to foster innovation in government.
· Mark Forman, former first Administrator for the Office of E-Government and Information Technology (during the George W. Bush administration) who notes ironically that federal line employees seem more prepared to address spending cuts than agency leaders.
· Adm. Thad Allen, former Commandant of the U.S. Coast Guard, who led the federal response to Hurricane Katrina and the Gulf oil spill, writes about the importance of separating the value of public service from the politics.
· Jonathan Breul, John Kamensky, and Gadi Ben-Yehuda, at the IBM Center for the Business of Government, who share Seven Imperatives for Government Leaders.
In addition to those mentioned above, AOL Government’s Board of Advisors includes:
· Jeff Sorenson, former Chief Information Officer, retired Lt. General, U.S. Army
· John Palguta, Vice President, Partnership for Public Service
· Brand Niemann, Former Senior Enterprise Architect, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
· Teresa Rivera, Outreach Manager, Acquisition Services Directorate, National Business Center, Department of the Interior
· W. Hord Tipton, Executive Director, (ISC)2; Former Chief Information Officer, U.S. Department of Interior; recipient of the President’s Distinguished Rank Award.
· Steve Charles, Co-founder and Executive Vice President, immixGroup
· Tom Suder, Senior Advisor, University of Central Florida
· Dr. Mark Drapeau, Director of Innovative Engagement, Microsoft Office of Civic Innovation
AOL Inc. (NYSE: AOL) is a premier global media company with a suite of brands and products serving consumers, advertisers and publishers worldwide. The AOL Huffington Post Media Group is a leading source of news, opinion, entertainment, community and digital information comprising a wide range of destination websites, including AOL.com, The Huffington Post,TechCrunch, Moviefone, Engadget, Patch, AOL Music, StyleListand MapQuest. The AOL Advertising.com Group includes Advertising.com, ADTECH, Pictela, Video (inclusive of AOL Video, goviraland 5min Media), Content Solutions and Sponsored Listingsand serves a combined content and advertising market at scale through video, brand advertising, content and ad serving. AOL is focused on engaging consumers and providing online advertising services and solutions on both AOL Huffington Post Media Group destination websites and third-party websites, in addition to serving consumer platforms including AOL Mail, AIM, about.me, and mobile experiences. AOL also operates one of the largest Internet subscription access services in the U.S., which serves as another distribution channel for its consumer subscription products, such as AOL TechGuruand Computer Checkup.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.