Call for Entries The 2006 O’Reilly Photoshop Cook-Off Contest: Fire up Adobe Photoshop this Summer and Get Cooking
May 15, 2006
All-Star Judges Include Katrin Eismann, Deke McClelland, Bert Monroy, Eddie Tapp, and Vincent Versace
Sebastopol, CA--O’Reilly Media today announced The 2006 O’Reilly Photoshop Cook-Off--a contest featuring eighteen top Photoshop experts as judges--including Mikkel Aaland, Katrin Eismann, Harris Fogel, Tim Grey, Deke McClelland, Bert Monroy, Eddie Tapp, Vincent Versace, and John Beardsworth, among others. O’Reilly is aiming to inspire creativity and discover new and promising talent from the ranks of the 4,000,000 plus Photoshop users. The winners will be recognized with awards and fabulous prizes which will be presented at an event at PhotoPlus Expo in New York on November 2, 2006. View the all-star panel of judges here.
Sponsors to date include: Adobe, Creative Pro, Digital Photo Pro, Flickr, Graphics.com, Gretag Macbeth, iView Multimedia, Imaginginfo.com, Imaging Resource, iStock Photo, Lensbabies, Lowepro, Lynda.com, Nik Software, “Outdoor Photographer,” Pantone, “PC Photo,” Photos.com, Photoshopsupport.com, “Professional Photographer,” “Rangefinder,” Shutterstock, Software Cinema, Total Training, Wetzel & Company.
Educators, students, and interested parties can download a flyer (PDF format) to post and/or pass out at workshops, schools, and events.
* Submission deadline is August 15, 2006.
* All entries must be created using recipes from one or more of the five O’Reilly Photoshop Cookbooks: Photoshop Retouching Cookbook for Digital Photographers, Photoshop Blending Modes Cookbook for Digital Photographers, Photoshop Photo Effects Cookbook, Photoshop Filter Effects Encyclopedia, and/or Photoshop Fine Art Effects Cookbook.
* No purchase required; sample recipes are available for download.
* Winners will be announced on November 2, at a special awards ceremony to be held at Photo Plus Expo in New York.
* No entry fee.
* Legal U.S. residents only.
O’Reilly Media is the premier information source for leading-edge computer technologies. The company’s books, conferences, and web sites bring to light the knowledge of technology innovators. O’Reilly books, known for the animals on their covers, occupy a treasured place on the shelves of the developers building the next generation of software. O’Reilly conferences and summits bring alpha geeks and forward-thinking business leaders together to shape the revolutionary ideas that spark new industries. From the Internet to XML, open source, .NET, Java, and web services, O’Reilly puts technologies on the map.
- Contact Information
- Sara Winge
- O’Reilly Media
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.