Xerox Opens Multinational Contest to Recognize Most Innovative Documents Created with Xerox Digital Printing
ROCHESTER, N.Y., May 12, 2006 -- Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) is calling for entries for its 2006 Printing Innovation with Xerox Imaging (PIXI) Awards, a multinational competition created to recognize excellence and innovation in digital printing.
Judged by experts representing key segments of the graphic communications industry, the entries will be evaluated on overall aesthetics, business effectiveness, use of Xerox digital technology and degree of innovation. The contest will also recognize the team of creative professionals, commercial printers and their clients that work together to bring these digitally printed high-value, business-generating applications to the marketplace.
In its fifth year of the contest, Xerox is seeking entries in four categories:
* Variable print/one-to-one marketing communications - Targeted and data-driven printed materials produced from variable text and graphics, such as direct-mail marketing, promotional materials, customized brochures, and coupons designed and personalized for specific audiences.
* Digital books and manuals - Any multiple-page finished document, such as fiction books, photography books, textbooks and manuals.
* Short-run digital color - High-quality color materials that have been produced in low-quantity with digital printing, including jobs where offset color printing is not as cost-effective as digital printing. Items include point-of-purchase materials, posters, product brochures and marketing material.
* Monochrome and highlight color - Any high-volume transactional print job printed in black-and-white or black and one color, such as statements, bills, training manuals, product documentation, newsletters and fliers.
“The PIXI contest is a great venue to showcase the groundbreaking digitally printed materials created by Xerox customers,” said Valerie Blauvelt, vice president of marketing, Xerox Production Systems Group. “By pairing creative ideas with the right technology and workflow, our customers are tapping the opportunities provided by digital printing to increase print volume, revenue and profits.”
More than $35,000 in travel certificates will be awarded as prizes:
* Best of show - $10,000 travel certificate for winning entrant; $2,500 travel certificate for each contributing team member.
* First place winner in each category - $3,000 travel certificate for winning entrant; $1,000 travel certificate for each contributing team member.
* Second and third place winners in each category - plaque for entrant and contributing team members.
* Supplies prize - $1,000 travel certificate for most innovative use of Xerox digital paper and media.
Entries will be accepted through midnight July 17, and they must be produced using Xerox digital printing presses. Submission to the PIXI Awards contest is free, and entries are accepted from the United States, Puerto Rico, Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Columbia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru and Venezuela. Winners will be announced in Chicago at Graph Expo, a major commercial printing trade show, held Oct. 15-18.
For an online entry form, judging criteria, judge biographies, and information on past winners and applications, visit www.xerox.com/pixi.
- Contact Information
- Patti Quinn
- Media Contact
- Xerox Corporation
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.