Motorola Launches New Network Monitoring Application TRACES - Boosting Network Visibility and Performance
New TETRA RF Automated Coverage Evaluation System (TRACES) provides end-user network administrators with full visibility of network coverage for the first time enabling quicker resolution of coverage issues reported by end users
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Motorola Solutions (NYSE: MSI), the world’s leading provider of mission-critical communications solutions, today announces the launch of TRACES – the TETRA RF Automated Coverage Evaluation System – providing TETRA (TErrestrial Trunked RAdio) end-user administrators with the ability to automatically collect, visualise and evaluate data from across their mission-critical TETRA network. For the first time network user administrators can gain access to data on TETRA network performance, irrespective of the network vendor, via their Motorola end-user radios, without making changes to the network or existing operating practices. The TRACES solution empowers end-user administrators to increase the effectiveness of the TETRA network by collecting actual data from calls being made in the field. Additionally the system reduces the dependency on drive tests to collect data by up to 80 percent which can lead to significant cost savings.
- Motorola is first to market with such an automated network coverage and evaluation application that enables collection of network data from end-user terminals (with data being backhauled via Motorola’s integrated Terminal Management platform (iTM)).
- Where coverage measurement previously has relied only on drive testing and manual reporting of “black spots” by users in the field, Motorola TRACES automatically creates measurement reports from each TETRA radio every time a network issue is encountered.
- TRACES will allow user administrators to collect data automatically and create a picture of their network in a usable, standardised format by using data passed from TETRA terminal users, beyond standard drive test routes. This will reduce dependency on drive testing data by up to 80 percent .
- The TRACES solution enables network administrators to rapidly analyse measurement reports and statistics created from end-user radios. This allows effective and rapid identification and tracking of network coverage issues.
- TRACES will allow organisations to ensure that the coverage and service being provided by TETRA network operators are meeting their contractual commitments by benchmarking network performance against critical KPI or SLA criteria.
- TRACES is launching at TETRA World Congress 2011, and a demonstration of the system is available on the Motorola stand, D301, Hall G, Hungexpo Exhibition Centre.
Gary Aitkenhead, vice president, Services, Motorola Solutions, EMEA
“TRACES is a very exciting step forward for network user administrators – for the first time putting them in control and giving them visibility of network coverage and performance. The key differentiator is that TRACES enables collection of network data via end-user terminals being used in the field during daily mission-critical activities. Before TRACES, the only way for end-user network administrators to gain such detailed information on a TETRA network was to undertake extensive drive testing, which is time consuming, resource intensive, sporadic and costly. The TRACES system really is a win-win solution and shows the additional value that can be obtained with Motorola radios.”
About Motorola Solutions
Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication products and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.