The New Haven Jazz Festival announces its 25th anniversary lineup
(New Haven, Conn. – May 4, 2006) — How would you celebrate 25 years of live, free Jazz? If you said world-class performers, a special pyrotechnics display, celebrity guest appearances and even more live jazz--then you’d be talking about the 25th Anniversary of the New Haven Jazz Festival.
Each year the New Haven Jazz Festival brings a roundup of Grammy award-winning performers free to the City’s historic Green. And this year get ready for a Jazz Fest that you’ll be talking about for another quarter century.
So, what does our 25th anniversary sound like?
August 5, 2006 :: A Night of Classic Jazz
• TITO PUENTE JR.--Dance to enticing Latin tunes, charismatic performances and smooth styles.
• DAVE BRUBECK QUARTET--Find out why this grandfather of jazz has been playing to sold-out crowds for over five decades.
August 12, 2006 :: Dance Under the Stars
• BLUE ORCHID ORCHESTRA--This eleven-piece orchestra lights up the stage with its big band style music while teaching you to dance.
• KOOL & THE GANG--Jazz. Funk. R&B. Get ready as the Gang rocks genres and the 25th Jazz Fest.
August 19, 2006 :: 25th Anniversary Celebration
• T.S. MONK on Coltrane--Watch as Monk creates a legacy of his own with his newest album, Higher Ground--and his acclaimed tribute to jazz great John Coltrane.
• JONNY LANG--Fast becoming a music legend--Lang will make the 25th anniversary one to remember with the debut of his much-anticipated album, Long Time Coming.
“For the 25th anniversary we decided to dramatically increase our performer budget to sign-on six headliners to give concert-goers even more reasons--and music--to head to the Festival,” said Barbara Lamb, Director of New Haven Festivals, Inc.
And with the addition of Jazz in the Clubs, Jazz at the Movies, Jazz Cruise, Jazz Brunch and special Jazz travel packages--to expand the already enticing lineup for Jazz on the Green and Jazz in the Parks--fans from all around the country are sure to be tapping their feet every weekend this August.
“For the past 25 years our Jazz Festival has been a catalyst that’s helped transform New Haven into the cultural capital of Connecticut,” said Mayor John DeStefano Jr.
Tap into newhavenjazz.com to find out more about the historic 25th anniversary celebration.
- Contact Information
- ali parmelee
- think creative group
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.