Focus Rally: America Wraps up 6,000-Mile Road Rally on ’Jimmy Kimmel Live!’
* Focus Rally: America is celebrating the conclusion of its live interactive road rally tonight on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!.” The rally had six teams of two traveling the country in the all-new Ford Focus, covering more than 6,000 miles and 10 states
* The extended viewing season of all 30 episodes is currently live on www.Hulu.com/focusrally along with iTV and mobile and gaming platforms
* More than 30,000 followers at home joined in Focus Rally as a “Focus Follower” by supporting and assisting a team to complete tasks and challenges throughout the competition. Followers were rewarded throughout the game, including trips to challenges and eight all-new Ford Focus vehicle
* Virtual team members were deeply engaged in the program, viewing more than 8.1 million minutes of live-streaming video, which amounts to 5,625 days worth of footage
DEARBORN, Mich. – The conclusion of Ford’s groundbreaking, real-time road rally, Focus Rally: America, will be celebrated tonight on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!,” where the winning team will be announced. This will help mark the conclusion of the interactive rally that had six teams of two traveling the country in the all-new Ford Focus, covering more than 6,000 miles and 10 states. The teams were supported by more than 30,000 followers who helped by participating in challenges remotely.
“Focus Rally: America was the ultimate experience for both the teams and the people following the adventure at home,” said Jeff Eggen, Ford experiential marketing manager. “The fans tuning in at home got to take part in every bit of the action. Even with an under-12-hour turnaround, the Hulu episodes capture the essence of the program and the experiences of the teams on the road.”
Some of the challenges along the way included:
* End of Your Rope:The teams wrapped their adventure in Big Sur, Calif., where they participated in a high ropes course in a redwood forest. The challenge tested their physical and mental skills by having them answer questions about the rally throughout the course
* A Picture Is Worth 100 Rally Points:The teams headed to Navajo Bridge in Arizona, where they were walked out onto a suspended plank over the Colorado River to pick up puzzle pieces
* A Wing with a View: The teams visited Nevada where one team member stood on the wing of an airplane in flight, all while looking for a clue on the plane to help them answer a riddle on the ground
More than 8.1 million minutes of live-streaming video was viewed during Focus Rally: America, which amounts to 5,625 days worth of footage. The live video was streamed from inside each team’s Focus, capturing them in between challenges. Additionally, there were more than 300,000 episode views on Hulu, where episodes continue to live (www.Hulu.com/focusrally).
Followers played along too
Thirty-thousand-plus Focus Rally: America followers at home even had the opportunity to determine the winner of three challenges by voting online. They also helped their chosen team gain advantages during real-time challenges that could be played from home.
“We have been pleased with the depth of engagement from the people who became followers,” said Eggen. “It wasn’t simply about the size of the group but more important was how involved they were, in every part of the website. The real-time element of rally took social gaming to a whole new level.”
Throughout the experience, eight all-new Ford Focus vehicles were given away to followers. Several Focus Rally: America followers also won trips to check out some of the most unique challenges and to cheer on their chosen teams. The prizes took followers to Miami; Austin, Texas, and Houston; to New Orleans and finally Big Sur, Calif., where Focus Rally: America teams played a part in helping their followers potentially win the all-new Ford Focus.
All-new Ford Focus
The all-new Ford Focus, which has begun to arrive in dealer showrooms, is already getting plenty of attention, with more than 60,000 consumers expressing interest in the car. The all-new Focus combines expressive design with an exceptional array of smart new technologies, high levels of craftsmanship and occupant safety. It also delivers up to 40 mpg on the highway, while offering the driver engaging performance and handling.
# # #
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 164,000 employees and about 70 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford’s products, please visit www.ford.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.