HP at SXSW Creates Pop-Up Experience for Attendees and Pop Culture Tastemakers
HP Mobile Park houses content creators, showcases live music and technology
HP today opened the HP Mobile Park, a pop-up experience that houses a community of creative influencers from around the world at the South by Southwest (SXSW) 2011 Conference and Festival.
The HP Mobile Park is a temporary live-in community for artists, bloggers and trendsetters from the fields of technology, music, film and pop culture. It is open to all SXSW attendees, allowing them to create, share and print their experiences from the festival. Visitors can network with new and familiar faces at the daily SXSW happy hour events, which will take place on March 11 through 19 from 6 to 8 p.m. CT.
Visitors can join the conversation with HP Mobile Park residents online at the HP at SXSW portal, where they can share experiences, track mobile trends and easily print any information they need by using HP ePrint mobile printing technology. HP ePrint enables people to securely send the files they want to print directly from their mobile devices to a printer’s unique email address.(1)
“The HP Mobile Park is a content incubator where people are sharing and creating new ideas in real time and across multiple platforms,” said Tariq Hassan, vice president, Worldwide and Regional Marketing and Communications, Imaging and Printing Group, HP. “At HP we are focusing on innovation, and through platforms like HP ePrint we are making printing accessible, relevant and simple for the digital generation.”
The HP Mobile Park, inspired by a combination of Austin’s funky culture and vintage Route 66 themes, features 15 custom-designed trailers loaded with HP home and mobile products and solutions. Trailers are positioned around a central courtyard that includes a stage for live performances. HP Mobile Park residents will document and share their stories, blog posts, photos and video on the HP at SXSW Facebook page. The HP Mobile Park will be open to the public as a networking and HP ePrint and graphics hub for the duration of SXSW, from March 11 through 20.
HP calendar of events
* Federated Media Signal: Austin, March 10, 2011: HP’s Hassan will contribute to the Federated Media Signal: Austin conference on March 10 at 3:30 p.m. CT at the Driskill Hotel. Hassan will discuss ideas and solutions that use location to help brands, people and campaigns reach target audiences.
* Watchitoo’s Next Stage Innovator Series, March 14, 2011: Hassan also will participate in Watchitoo’s Next Stage Innovator Series at 12:45 p.m. CT on the SXSW trade show floor, where he will discuss trends in technology and social media.
HP Mobile Park events
* Attendees can visit Thom Brown, specialist, Supplies Technology, HP, at the HP Mobile Park during the networking happy hours on March 11 through 13 to learn about the benefits of using Original HP Supplies and enter for a chance to win tickets to the “HP Graphic Sounds“ party.
* On the evening of March 13 at the HP Mobile Park, HP will host “HP Graphic Sounds,” a party that combines graphics and music. Los Angeles-based indie rock band Nightmare and the Cat will perform while painter and art jockey Gary Baseman creates custom art inspired by the aesthetics and vibe of the music. The original art piece, created at the event, will be printed on an HP Officejet Pro 8500A and reproduced as postcards for attendees to take as souvenirs from the concert. A limited run of original posters also will be created and signed by the band and artist.
HP ePrint on the go
To enhance the mobile printing experience for all SXSW attendees, HP is providing convenient access to print content on demand via HP ePrint.
* Attendees can visit the HP Mobile Park, located at 604 Driskill St. – the southeast corner of Red River St. and East Cesar Chavez St. – to test out the ePrint technology and print schedules, photos and other materials from the event.
* An interactive booth on the Austin Convention Center show floor includes HP’s full lineup of new ePrint-enabled products and mobile print applications. HP representatives will be onsite to answer questions and demonstrate the technologies. The HP Mobile Printing booth spans booths 1542, 1544 and 1546. In addition, HP will demonstrate HP MagCloud, a self-service content publishing platform that makes it easy for bands, filmmakers, bloggers, magazine publishers and businesses to publish professional-quality print and digital magazines for their fans and audiences.
* Attendees staying at the Hilton Austin hotel have two options for printing at the HP ePrint Center located in the hotel lobby. They can print from their BlackBerry device at the HP ePrint Mobile Print Location,(2) powered by PrinterOn, or by emailing a print job to an ePrint-enabled printer.
HP ePrint presents SXSW GO
HP is the leading sponsor of SXSW GO, the official mobile app of the festival. SXSW GO enables attendees to access everything they need to maximize their time at SXSW. The app allows people to view and build their schedules, see a map of events and how to get to them, navigate the tradeshow floor and stay connected to the social world. Through the app, people also will learn about how HP ePrint technology provides a simple and easy way to print information on the go.
More information about HP ePrint is available at the HP ePrint Center. SXSW GO is available for download at http://sxsw.com/mobile.
HP at SPIN House Music Loft
HP will be the presenting sponsor at the SPIN House Music Loft, located on the top floor at 310 East 6th St. on March 17 through 19 from noon to 6 p.m. CT. Attendees will be invited to print photos from the SPIN House Music Loft and other materials to HP ENVY 100 e-All-in-One Printers and test out the ePrint technology.
In addition, the lounge will feature interviews, acoustic performances and photo sessions with buzzworthy bands, as well as music listening stations featuring HP computers with Beats AudioTM.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com/.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.