Business owners have something to bark about
Progressive extends its free Pet Injury coverage to protect commercial auto customers’ pets
MAYFIELD VILLAGE, Ohio — — Now, business owners can enjoy added peace of mind when their pets are along for the ride. Starting March 8, 2011, they can protect their dogs and cats with Progressive’s free Pet Injury coverage.
How it works: If your dog or cat is hurt in a vehicle accident, we’ll pay your vet bills up to $1,000.
* Free if you have Collision coverage;
* Covers your dogs and cats if they’re in your vehicle and injured in an incident like a crash, theft, fire, or flooding.
“With one in five companies allowing dogs at work, Fido or Fluffy are more likely to tag along in our commercial customers’ vehicles. We’re happy to give them peace of mind that their pets are protected,” said Cory Fischer, Progressive’s product manager.
Here are a few tips to make sure you and your pet have a safe road trip:
* Get them acclimated to traveling by taking them for short trips. It’ll help them get used to the sudden movements and noises of being on the road.
* Teach them ’petiquette.’ You want to be able to take them in and out of your vehicle easily. And you want them to behave in public and be reasonably quiet so you don’t disturb other travelers.
* Keep fresh water available at all times. Avoid letting them drink from puddles in the parking lot or streams alongside the road.
* Give them regular bathroom breaks. Many rest stops have designated areas where your pets can do their business. If you’re on someone else’s property, like a customer’s yard or a job site, ask permission.
Progressive, the first insurance group to offer Pet Injury coverage, provides it free to auto, RV, boat, and now commercial auto customers.
The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies makes it easy to understand, buy and use auto insurance. Progressive offers choices so consumers can engage whenever, wherever and however it’s most convenient for them — online at progressive.com, by phone at 1-800-PROGRESSIVE, or in-person with a local agent.
Progressive offers insurance for personal and commercial autos, motorcycles, boats, recreational vehicles and homes. It’s the fourth largest auto insurer in the country, the largest seller of motorcycle insurance and a leader in commercial auto insurance.
Founded in 1937, Progressive continues its long history of challenging the insurance industry with shopping tools and services that save customers time and money, like Name Your Price®, the Snapshot DiscountSM, and a concierge level of claims service.
The Common Shares of The Progressive Corporation, the Mayfield Village, Ohio-based holding company, are publicly traded at NYSE:PGR.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.