Dive into March Break 2011 at the ROM
Families are invited to soak up a week-long adventure from March 12 to 20, 2011 In celebration of Water: The Exhibition, March Break at the Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) will be flooded with events from Saturday, March 12 to Sunday, March 20.
This March Break, the ROM extends its hours to 8:30 pm from Saturday March 12 to Saturday March 19, and closes at 5:30 pm on Sunday, March 20. All visitors will enjoy $10 off admission daily after 4:30 pm, and after 4:00 pm on Sunday, March 20.
Programming for the week includes:
• Crocodiles, hippopotamuses and lotus flowers, oh my! Learn about the Egyptian’s unique relationship with the river Nile while making crafts and exploring amazing artifacts.
• Discover all there is to know about fresh water with Cycl-O, a ten-foot tall multimedia display that allows families the ultimate interactive learning experience.
• Catch the fun and informative play Water, presented by Extant Jesters: Eight year old Olive learns the hard way how important water is to her everyday life, along with some valuable lessons.
• Don’t miss Bring Back the Wild presented by Earth Rangers. Wild cats, hawks and lemurs, the Rangers pull out all the stops in this 20-minute live animal show, daily at 11:30 am, 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm.
• Get up close and personal with live reptiles. Zip, the Southern Pine Snake; Bob, the Ball Python; and Java, the Blue Tongue Skink will entertain in the Life in Crisis: Schad Gallery of Biodiversity from 11:00 am to 2:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm daily as they teach kids about how their living conditions depend on water –one of the earth’s most precious resources.
• Discover the wonderful wetlands in the Museum’s Earth Rangers Studio. See species found in an Ontario wetland; colour and create origami of your favourite plants or animals; and take a look through the microscope at some of the smallest and most important creatures inhabiting these lands. • Explore different ROM permanent galleries at their leisure with fun, interactive scavenger hunts.
• Bead it! Learn how the First Peoples created beautiful beadwork and make your own jewellery to take home. • Rock it at the ROM Monday to Friday. Learn the many different facets of polishing your very own sample.
• Travel back to the 15th century and participate in a Mediaeval Fair. Meet an archer, dance mediaeval-style, interact with live animals and much more.
All that excitement is sure to work up an appetite. Families are invited to enjoy the ROM’s casual family restaurant Food Studio Café, followed by browsing the ROM Museum Store where plenty of water merchandise will be available for purchase.
March Break activities are included with general Museum admission: Adults: $24; Students and Seniors with ID: $21; Children (4 to 14 years) $16; Children 3 and under are free. For the best value, consider a ROM Family Membership—just $149 for two adults and four children (17 years and under), which includes a year of unlimited free admission to the Museum, and a lot more. Half Price Friday Nights, presented by Sun Life Financial, take place from 4:30 pm to 9:30 pm. Visit www.rom.on.ca for more ROM March Break programming details.
About Water: The Exhibition
Water: The Exhibition is a celebration of the power and wonder of this life-giving substance and a call to each of us to become stewards of our blue planet. A dramatic sensory and educational experience for visitors of all ages, Water uses cutting-edge technologies,multimedia installations, hands-on exhibits, live animals and cultural artifacts to illuminate the indispensable role water plays in our lives and the urgent need to protect it. For more information visit www.rom.on.ca/water.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.