Delphi Technologies Featured on New Vehicles at Geneva Motor Show
GENEVA — Delphi Automotive, which was recently awarded for excellence in technology management by the internationally-recognized Fraunhofer Institute, is supplying innovative technologies to a significant number of new vehicles introduced at this year’s Geneva Motor Show. From diesel systems to active safety technology and thermal innovations to connection systems, Delphi is working to help drivers stay safe and remain connected while lessening the environmental impact of the vehicle they drive.
Delphi active safety technologies help keep drivers, passengers and pedestrians safe
The safety enhancements on the new V60 station wagon plug-in hybrid unveiled at Geneva, also featured on the S60 and V60 launched last year, include Full Speed Range Adaptive Cruise Control and a Collision Warning and Mitigation system with full automatic braking power that not only detects moving and stationary vehicles but pedestrians as well. The system warns the driver of an imminent collision and automatically brakes the vehicle if the driver is not able. Delphi provides the sophisticated camera, vision control module and multimode electronically scanning radar sensor. Unlike most competitive systems that limit braking power to 50 percent, the new Volvo system uses input from the Delphi vision and radar sensors to allow full automatic braking power when it estimates a high risk for collision with a pedestrian or a vehicle.
Emissions reduced, fuel economy increased with the help of Delphi systems
Delphi’s Multec® Diesel Common Rail System, a robust, cost-effective modular diesel fuel injection system, equips numerous vehicles at the show including the Chevrolet Cruze, Kia Picanto, Kia Rio, Mercedes-Benz C Coupé, Opel Antara and Peugeot 308 e-HDI. With its smart balanced valve solenoid injector design, this innovative system is extremely fast and has injection performances similar to competitive servo-piezo technologies. Its unique control strategies enable the system to deliver precise fuel quantities over the life of the vehicle and provide optimal emissions control and acoustic performance.
Other green technologies include Delphi’s energy efficient and high performance heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, which increase vehicle fuel economy without sacrificing passenger comfort. Delphi designed the HVAC modules for several Ferrari models.
Delphi’s Compact Variable Compressors feature an energy-saving six or seven piston continuously variable mechanism allied to the A/C system’s control software which also allows for optimized fuel efficiency and engine power availability.
Automakers look to Delphi for innovative electrical/electronic architecture solutions
As system complexity in vehicles increases, so does electrical complexity. Using the proprietary Velocity™ Tool Suite, Delphi engineers around the globe develop complete electrical/electronic architectures that streamline the development process, offer cost-competitive solutions and improve engineering efficiency and quality. Delphi’s electrical/electronic architecture solutions help OEMs reduce mass, minimize system complexity and overcome packaging challenges. Delphi is supplying numerous vehicles with complete wiring assemblies including the Mercedes-Benz C Coupé and the Saab 9-5 station wagon.
Delphi technologies for hybrid and EVs provide peak performance, resolve packaging challenges and lower cost
From power electronics and electrical/electronic architecture to thermal management technologies and automotive aftermarket expertise, Delphi hybrid and electric vehicle technologies are helping manufacturers increase fuel economy, reduce emissions and enhance safety with products designed to provide peak performance, resolve packaging challenges and lower cost. Delphi recently unveiled innovative sound generators that will help warn pedestrians of oncoming hybrid and electric vehicles. Designed to comply with legislation expected to mandate minimal sound for both hybrid and electric vehicles, these environmentally friendly sounders are not only robust, but compact, light weight and low cost. Delphi’s first vehicle sound generator will be introduced by a leading European OEM in mid 2012.
Delphi is also committed to keeping consumers connected, and to making electric vehicles accessible and practical for the average consumer. Delphi offers both portable and stationary charging systems and components to help consumers connect to the growing EV infrastructure, whether at home or away.
Vehicles at the Geneva Motor Show with Delphi technologies include:
* Audi Q5 Hybrid - ultrasonic alarm
* Audi RS3 Sportback – ultrasonic alarm, immobilizer
* BMW 6er Cabrio – antenna system, TV receiver, roof module, seat switches, steering wheel switches
* Chevrolet Cruze – diesel common rail
* Ferrari FF (Ferrari Four) – electrical/electronic architecture, wiring harness, data connectivity, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) module, condenser, compressor, control head, sensors.
* Fiat Freemont – steering switches, wiring harnesses, fuel vapor sensors
* Kia Picanto – diesel common rail
* Kia Rio – diesel common rail
* Lancia Thema - engine wiring
* Lancia Ypsilon – body computer, remote keyless entry, antenna immobilizer, electrical electronic architecture, wiring harness, data connectivity
* Mercedes-Benz C Coupé – DAB Tuner, satellite digital audio reception system, passive occupant detection system, head lamp levelling control, ultrasonic alarm, integrated antenna, complete wiring, diesel common rail
* Mercedes-Benz SLK – DAB Tuner, satellite digital audio reception system, passive occupant detection system, head lamp levelling control, diesel common rail
* Opel Antara – diesel common rail, radio, graphical info display, universal handsfree phone, allowing for cellular phone use in the car using Bluetooth technology
* Peugeot 308 e-HDI – diesel common rail, column interface module, various switches
* Saab 9-5 station wagon – complete wiring
* Volvo V60 station wagon plug-in hybrid – active safety technologies: adaptive cruise control and electronically scanning radar (ESR sensor), lane departure warning, head-up display
* Volkswagen Golf Cabrio – ultrasonic alarm, immobilizer
A selection of other recent vehicles (shown at the Paris motor show 2010) with Delphi technologies include:
* Audi A7 sportback – ultrasonic alarm, LED light controls, connectivity navigation radio, interior harness
* BMW Mini E – reception system, interior lighting, switches, ultrasonic anti theft sensor, roof module, engine wiring
* Citroën C4 – alarm sounder, alarm ultra sonic module, integrated center panel, various switches, underhood body controller, transponder antenna, rear body controller, diesel electronic throttle body, diesel common rail, EGR valvetrain, cam phaser, ignition coil, oxygen sensor
* Citroën DS4 – diesel common rail, alarm sounder, alarm ultrasonic module, integrated center panel, various switches, underhood body controller, transponder antenna, rear body controller, condenser, radiator and charge air cooler
* Ferrari California – connection systems, dual-zone heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) module with Stop & Start function, condenser with integrated receiver drier, latest generation of compact variable compressor, control head and software; and additional system components (including lines & hoses, filters and all pressure and temperature sensors)
* Ford Focus – interior motion sensing, battery backed sound, adaptive cruise control and electronically scanning radar (ESR sensor), connection systems, wiring harnesses
* Ford Mondeo – adaptive cruise control, body computer module, electronically scanning radar (ESR sensor), wiring harnesses, connection systems
* Mercedes-Benz CLS – DAB Tuner, satellite digital audio reception system, passive occupant detection system, ultrasonic alarm, TV receiver, integrated antenna, ignition PTC, EGR valve, diesel common rail
* Peugeot 3008 HYbrid4 – diesel common rail, electronic key fob, alarm system, pre fuse block, cruise control, switches, seat heating, selespeed (speed selection control under the steering wheel), CAN gateway, network gateway, body computer module, wiring harnesses, smart electronic fuse control
* Peugeot 508 – diesel common rail, body computer module, switches, condenser, radiator, charge air cooler
* Renault Laguna Phase 2 – head lamp levelling module and dimmer, switches, connection systems, cam phaser
* Volvo V60 station wagon – adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, collision mitigation system, passive occupant detection system, electronically scanning radar (ESR sensor), lane departure warning, head-up display, complete wiring, connection systems, electrical centers, body computer module, immobilizer
* Volkswagen Passat – radio receiver, ultrasonic alarm, transponder, compressor, charge air cooler (diesel engines)
Delphi is a leading global supplier of electronics and technologies for automotive, commercial vehicle and other market segments. Operating major technical centers, manufacturing sites and customer support facilities in 30 countries, Delphi delivers real-world innovations that make products smarter and safer as well as more powerful and efficient. Connect to innovation at www.delphi.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.