CyberLink Introduces YouCam 4.1 – Optimized for 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors
YouCam 4.1 delivers the ultimate webcam experience with support for Intel’s Quick Sync Video technology
Taipei, Taiwan - CyberLink Corp. (5203.TW) is pleased to announce the launch of YouCam 4.1, the newest version of its popular webcam software. YouCam 4.1 is now optimized for 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors which deliver excellent encoding speed and quality, allowing for enhanced HD recording quality while dramatically lowering the CPU usage.
YouCam 4.1 not only continues to provide amazing augmented reality effects, TrueTheater™ Enhancement, interactive particle effects, the ability to create your own avatar, advanced Face-Tracking and support for direct upload to Facebook™ and YouTube™, but now provides the user with HD recording in real time, support for HD effects and better and smoother images thanks to lower CPU usage to deliver the best webcam experience around.
“Optimizing YouCam 4.1 for Intel’s 2nd Generation Core Processors continues our commitment to providing the ultimate media experience to our customers,” said Alice H. Chang, CEO of CyberLink. “YouCam 4.1 provides a really fun way to interact and communicate through your webcam and now with new features like HD recording in real time and lower CPU usage, the quality of the webcam experience is enhanced even further.”
New features of CyberLink YouCam 4.1 include:
1. Crystal Clear and Smooth Video – Intel Quick Sync Video technology enables YouCam 4.1 to enhance the overall performance of recording, encoding, and saving your video chats and snap shots.
2. Improved Video Recording Quality – With YouCam 4.1 you record ultra clear HD video conversations in real time and in H.264 format.
3. Lower CPU Usage – By leveraging the H.264 hardware encoder, YouCam 4.1 keeps the CPU usage as low as 10 to 15%, a significant improvement from previous generation Intel processors, while recording your video chats in real time.
4. Smaller File Size – You can now save your recorded video conversation in .MP4 format for a smaller file size. Instead of storing the uncompressed MJPEG data, the video stream is encoded into a H.264 video on the fly.
Key features of YouCam 4.1 also include:
1. Enhanced Video Quality with TrueTheater™ Technology – TrueTheater™ Technology optimizes the quality of your video as TrueTheater Lighting corrects overall colors and luminance while TrueTheater Denoise improves overall video quality by removing unwanted artifacts from the video.
2. Super Fun Augmented Reality Effects - Advanced pattern recognition allows users to blend virtual 3D objects into their webcam videos and interact with them.
3. Create Lifelike Avatars for Your Online Chats - YouCam 4.1 offers great customization tools for users to create their own Avatar. Once created, advanced face-tracking features enable the Avatar to mimic the users’ movements and expressions. Avatars can be uploaded and shared on DirectorZone.
4. Interact on video with new Particle Effects - Rose petals, confetti, snowflakes and many more – Image Detection allows users to interact with them on camera. Brush snowflakes off the shoulder, scatter a pile of rose petals…the options are endless.
5. Download unlimited FREE effects from DirectorZone - A repository of uploaded content from thousands of creative users, DirectorZone is home to extra effects, 3D objects, avatars, and more.
6. Upload videos to Social Networks - Users can share their videos through social networks sites as videos can be published to YouTube, Facebook and DirectorZone directly from YouCam.
YouCam 4.1 is available online supporting the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese, and Korean. CyberLink offers OEM versions to PC and CE manufacturing customers, while a free trial download is also available from the CyberLink website.
CyberLink YouCam 4.1 Versions
YouCam 4.1 Deluxe: US $44.95
YouCam 4.1 Standard: US $34.95
Upgrades for previous YouCam versions are available starting at US $24.95.
CyberLink Corp is the leader and pioneer in enabling digital multimedia on PCs, CEs and mobile devices through the use of video editing software, video player software, and other multimedia solutions. Backed by a group of high-caliber software engineers, CyberLink owns its core codec and a number of patented technologies. CyberLink has built a solid reputation for delivering high-quality, interoperable, and fast time-to-market solutions that keep our OEM partners on the leading edge. Our business partners include leaders in the PC industry: top-5 desktop and notebook providers, optical drive manufacturers and graphic-card makers. Today, CyberLink’s software solutions include: complete applications for Blu-ray Disc playback and creation; digital home entertainment; and touch-enabled media solution. With customers spanning from multi-national corporations to small/medium-sized businesses, and from power users to home users, CyberLink has enjoyed rapid and consistent growth leading to a record breaking IPO in 2000 on the Taiwan Over The Counter Exchange (OTC: 5203). Currently, CyberLink is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: 5203.TW). CyberLink’s worldwide headquarters is located in Taipei. To keep up with market demands, CyberLink has operations in North America, Europe and the Asia Pacific region, including Japan. For more information, please visit CyberLink’s website at www.cyberlink.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.