10.3% growth in revenues on a historical basis in the first quarter of 2006 (+2.2% on a comparable basis) to EUR 12.8 billion
Paris, April 27, 2006
- Total number of Group customers up 16.8% to 147 million at March 31, 2006 (+8.5% on a comparable basis )
- Revenues for Personal Communication Services increase 24.5% on a historical basis (+7.4% on a comparable basis) to EUR 6.63 billion
- Revenues for Home Communication Services down 0.3% on a historical basis (-2% on a comparable basis) to EUR 5.56 billion
- Enterprise Communication Services revenues down 1.2% on a historical basis (-6.3% on a comparable basis) to EUR 1.92 billion
Group strengthens its lead in Broadband
- 8.1 million ADSL customers in Europe (representing an increase of 10% since December 31, 2005), including 4.9 million in France, representing a Consumer ADSL market share of 49.8% in France
- 2.2 million mobile Broadband customers, an increase of 45% since December 31, 2005
- 1.2 million France Telecom VoIP2 customers in France as of March 31, 2006, up 45% since December 31, 2005
Financial indicators in line with annual objectives
- Gross Operating Margin3 at EUR 4.67 billion, up 6.7% on a historical basis (+0.1% on a comparable basis)
- GOM rate (GOM/revenues) of 36.5% in first quarter 2006 (versus 37.2% on a comparable basis and 37.7% on a historical basis in first quarter 2005)
- Commercial expenses up 9% on a comparable basis
- Impact of EUR 188 million from the decline in call termination rate in the first quarter of 2006
- Ratio of Capex4 to revenues at 10.8%, up from 9.9% in the first quarter of 2005 on a comparable basis (10.0% on a historical basis)
- " The results for the first quarter of 2006 are in line with full-year objectives confirming the soundness of the NExT strategy, in particular for fixed and mobile broadband.
- " In the context of a profound evolution of the telecommunications industryís business model, France Telecom is continuing to implement NExT, with the launch of new Internet and mobile services in the second quarter of 2006, under a single banner: Orange. The Group confirms its full-year objective for organic cash flow generation5 through enhanced control over costs and CAPEX.
Download the press release (PDF Version): www.francetelecom.com/en/financials/journalists/press_releases/CP_old/
This press release contains forward-looking statements, related particularly to the France Telecom 2005 financial year. Although France Telecom believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, these statements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties and there is no certainty that anticipated events will occur or that expected results will actually be achieved. Important factors that could cause anticipated results or performance to differ materially from those actually achieved include, among other things, the success of the FT 2005 Ambition Plan, including the TOP and TOP Line programs, the NExT programme and other strategic initiatives (based on the integrated operator model), as well as France Telecom financial and operating initiatives, changes in the competitive environment and the telecom regulatory environment, and risk and uncertainties attendant upon exchange rate fluctuations, technological trends, business activity and international operations. All the forward-looking statements contained in this document speak only as of the date of this press release, and France Telecom does not undertake to update any forward-looking statement to reflect events or circumstances after the date hereof or to or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
Furthermore, all the forward-looking statements as well as the other information concerning France Telecom revenues and operating indicators for the third quarter of 2005, including the historical data, are presented in accordance with international financial reporting standards (IFRS) and present additional specific uncertainty factors given the risk of changes in IFRS standards before December, 31, 2005.
More detailed information on the potential risks that could affect France Telecomís financial results is found in the Reference Document filed with the AMF and in the 20F from statements registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission in the United States.
Figures for the first quarter of 2005 and 2006 are unaudited.
- Contact Information
- Nilou du Castel
- Press contact
- France Telecom
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.