Rio Tinto delivers record underlying earnings of $14 billion and announces $5 billion capital management programme together with 20 per cent increase in dividend
* Record underlying earnings1 of $14.0 billion, 122 per cent above 2009.
* Record underlying EBITDA1 of $26.0 billion, 82 per cent above 2009.
* Record cash flows from operations, up 70 per cent to $23.5 billion.
* Net debt reduced to $4.3 billion at 31 December 2010, from $18.9 billion at 31 December 2009.
* Final dividend of 63 US cents per share increases total dividends for 2010 to 108 US cents per share, up 20 per cent compared with previous commitment of 90 US cents per share.
* Capital management programme announced, comprising a $5 billion share buyback by the end of 2012.
* $12 billion of major capital approvals since the start of 2010.
Please find full press release in PDF below
About Rio Tinto
Rio Tinto is a leading international mining group headquartered in the UK, combining Rio Tinto plc, a London and NYSE listed company, and Rio Tinto Limited, which is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange.
Rio Tinto’s business is finding, mining, and processing mineral resources. Major products are aluminium, copper, diamonds, energy (coal and uranium), gold, industrial minerals (borax, titanium dioxide, salt, talc) and iron ore. Activities span the world but are strongly represented in Australia and North America with significant businesses in South America, Asia, Europe and southern Africa.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.