Operators to get enhanced, proactive software support services #MWC11
Mobile World Congress 2011, Barcelona, Spain –
* Nokia Siemens Networks showcases Active Software Support to help operators improve network operations
* Proactive, automated services improve Operations and Maintenance (O&M) efficiency
* Helps provide uninterrupted services for subscribers
Nokia Siemens Networks is showcasing its new Active Software Support to deliver a more proactive software maintenance service to operators. Active Software Support consists of a range of automated, preventive services and a full set of online collaboration features designed to help operators get more value from their software investments. Active Software Support will be on show during Mobile World Congress 2011, ahead of its launch in the second quarter of 2011.
“As telecom networks become more complex with the coexistence of multiple technologies and equipment from different vendors, the current practice of reactive and manually-driven software maintenance is becoming increasingly costly,” said Igor Leprince, head of global care services, Nokia Siemens Networks. “Our Active Software Support marks a clear shift from this traditional approach, using automation and proactive measures to anticipate changes required across the network before manual intervention becomes necessary, improving network availability to provide uninterrupted services to subscribers.”
Active Software Support is delivered via four distinct, but inter-dependent service elements:
* Automated preventive measures to allow continuous active network element monitoring, enabling early problem detection analysis and proactive problem resolution, helping improve network reliability and performance;
* On-line collaboration to provide continuous access to self-help information and span a full set of functions such as expert chat, troubleshooting information, pre-recorded video instructions, podcasts and webinars, helping operators improve fault resolution time by increasing their overall in-house competences;
* Responsive support, enhanced through a new seamless end-to-end software case handling process; and
* Recurring software updates including priority software corrections and Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting.
Active Software Support will be available during the second quarter and cover 3G and LTE technologies in 2011. Under a radio network upgrade contract, Elisa Finland will be the first customer for Active Software Support with delivery of the service scheduled during 2011. Today, Nokia Siemens Networks provides care services to 350 fixed and 250 mobile operators, and solves over 2,00,000 software support cases per year.
At the 2011 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Nokia Siemens Networks will showcase its Care Services including Active Software Support, Preventive Care and Multi-vendor Care Services. Customers press and analysts are welcome to see the showcase at Nokia Siemens Networks’ Experience Center in Hall 8, C01 of the 2011 Mobile World Congress, 14-17 February, Fira de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain.
About Nokia Siemens Networks
Nokia Siemens Networks is a leading global enabler of telecommunications services. With its focus on innovation and sustainability, the company provides a complete portfolio of mobile, fixed and converged network technology, as well as professional services including consultancy and systems integration, deployment, maintenance and managed services. It is one of the largest telecommunications hardware, software and professional services companies in the world. Operating in 150 countries, its headquarters are in Espoo, Finland. www.nokiasiemensnetworks.com
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.