Cisco Unveils Security Specialist Training and Certifications That Map to In-Demand Job Roles
Updates to Training and Certification Program Meet Market Need for Recognition of Specialized Network Security Skills
Cisco Live, LONDON and SAN JOSE, Calif. - Cisco today introduced new Security Specialist certifications to recognize individuals who have attained specific competencies critical to meeting demand for network security skills that align with evolving job roles, technologies and business requirements.
The combination of new security threats, regulatory compliance mandates, and the need to protect customer and organizational data has driven the demand for a more efficient use of network security technologies within architectures such as Smart+Connected Communities. The increasing complexity of network security responsibilities with mobility, social networking, voice, video, virtualization, cloud computing and physical safety and security requirements is driving greater specialization and advanced skills on the products that facilitate these solutions, including virtual private networks, firewalls, authentication and intrusion prevention. According to a recent survey of the Cisco® CCIE® community, security and risk management will be the networking skills in greatest demand by businesses over the next five years.
Recently, Cisco enhanced its Security portfolio with the introduction of the CCNP® Security career certification program, which specifically addresses the growing demand for network security engineers. Cisco Security Specialist certifications complement these industry-recognized Security career certifications by focusing on skills assessment for critical product and technology areas. The new certifications enable individuals to earn specialist recognition while achieving a professional certification. They may also function as part of a professional development plan involving continued education or recertification.
New Security Specialist Certifications
* The Cisco Firewall Security Specialist certification recognizes security professionals with the skills to design, implement and maintain Cisco security appliance solutions, using the Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance and zone-based firewall solutions.
* The Cisco IOS® Security Specialist certification recognizes security professionals who demonstrate the hands-on knowledge and skills that are required to secure networks, using Cisco IOS Security features embedded in the latest Cisco routers and switches as well as the widely deployed Cisco security appliances.
* The Cisco VPN Security Specialist certification recognizes security professionals with the skills and knowledge to configure, maintain, troubleshoot and support various VPN solutions, using Cisco IOS Software and the robust Cisco ASA adaptive security appliance.
* The Cisco Security certification portfolio now supports six key technologies with certifications for these Security Specialists:
o Cisco IPS Specialist
o Cisco NAC Specialist
o Cisco ASA Specialist
o Cisco IOS Security Specialist - NEW
o Cisco Firewall Security Specialist - NEW
o Cisco VPN Security Specialist - NEW
* All Cisco Security Specialist certifications offer a professional development path and continuing education and recertification opportunities for current Cisco certified professionals at the associate and professional levels.
* The Cisco Security training and certification portfolio will continue to evolve based on trends in network and physical security architectures.
* Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, vice president and general manager, Learning@Cisco, said:
“As the leader in security technology for the network, Cisco is dedicated to developing certification and training programs that help customers and partners stay ahead of ever-increasing threats and vulnerabilities. Cisco continues to evolve skills development for security professionals to match changing business requirements and new job roles. These specialist certifications validate specialized skills and competency in one or more technologies or products that make up the network security infrastructure.”
* The new CCNP Security Specialist certifications are available now.
Social Media Destinations
* Twitter: www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
* Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cisco-Career-Certifications/111552132193668
* LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=3443017
* YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/cisco
About Cisco Systems
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.