Nissan North America Sales Rise 14.8% In January
Download January 2011 Sales Chart: http://www.nissannews.com/assets/attachments/GOV017r_NNA_January_Sales.pdf
Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) today reported January U.S. sales of 71,847 units versus 62,572 units a year earlier, an increase of 14.8 percent. Nissan Division sales were up 15.4 percent for the month. Sales of Infiniti vehicles rose 10.3 percent over the prior year.
* Nissan vehicles posted sales of 64,442 units in January compared with 55,861 units sold in January the previous year, an increase of 15.4 percent.
* Sales of Nissan crossovers boosted monthly results, with sales of the Rogue marking a best-ever January, up 71.9% from the prior year at 9,423 units. The Juke continued its strong launch, with sales of 3,095 units.
* Versa subcompact sales totaled 8,682 units, an increase of 46.8 percent and a record January, while Sentra sales increased by 26.9 percent to 9,538 units.
* In its second month of availability, Nissan delivered 87 units of the 100-percent electric, zero-emission Nissan LEAF.
“Nissan sales continue to increase, thanks in part to the success of our crossovers like the Rogue,” said Al Castignetti, vice president and general manager, Nissan division. “The Rogue marked five consecutive months of year-over-year monthly records, with sales of 9,423 units. And the Juke is exceeding expectations with sales topping 3,000 units for the third consecutive month.”
* Infiniti sales for January were 7,405 units, up 10.3 percent from the 6,711 units sold in the same month a year earlier.
* Sales of the Infiniti QX56 luxury SUV rose 17.8 percent to 782 units, posting seven consecutive months of sales improvement since the new model arrived.
* Sales of the Infiniti G Sedan Line rose 21.2 percent to 3,248 units, lifted by the sales success of the new G25 sports sedan.
NOTE: To ensure consistency in global sales reporting, Nissan North America calculates monthly variances on a straight-percentage basis, unadjusted for the number of selling days. January 2011 had 24 selling days, as did January 2010.
In North America, Nissan’s operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program 2010 and has been recognized as a 2010 ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency. More information on Nissan in North America, the Nissan LEAF and zero emissions can be found at www.NissanUSA.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.