Safe, low-mileage drivers in Nevada can save more, faster with Snapshot from Progressive
MAYFIELD VILLAGE, Ohio - More than 100,000 MyRate® customers countrywide have gotten personalized car insurance rates by sharing how, how much, and when they drive with Progressive. Now, with SnapshotSM — the new version of MyRate — Nevada drivers can save up to 30 percent more on their insurance after just 30 days of driving. In addition, customers only need to share six months of driving data.
How it Works
* After a driver signs up for the Snapshot program, we send them a device that fits in the palm of his or her hand and plugs into the on-board diagnostic (OBD) port of their car. The device records and sends the driving data to us.
* After 30 days, the customer finds out if they’re eligible for a discount — up to 30 percent — based on his or her driving habits and will see that discount applied to their policy. People who drive less, in safer ways and during safer times of day are more likely to get a discount.
* At the end of the six-month policy term we determine the renewal discount and the customer returns the device to us.
* We may periodically check in with each customer to get an updated picture of his or her driving by asking them to plug in the device again.
* The Snapshot program is available to Nevada drivers who buy policies directly from Progressive.
* Customers can log in to their policy on progressive.com during the six-month period the device is plugged in to see how their driving habits affect their rate, and, if they choose, make changes that could lead to greater savings. Customers will also see whether they are on track for a discount after 30 days.
* Snapshot is voluntary and customers can opt out at any time. It won’t make customers’ rates go up.
* The Snapshot device measures how, how much and when customers drive their vehicle. It doesn’t have GPS, so it doesn’t track a vehicle’s location.
Richard Hutchinson, Progressive’s general manager of usage-based insurance
“Snapshot is easier to understand and more attractive to drivers. We know from our research that this version will be more appealing because drivers can save money after just 30 days instead of six months. Plus, customers only have to give us a snapshot of their driving for one policy period, then they don’t have to worry about the device anymore.”
The Progressive Group of Insurance Companies makes it easy to understand, buy and use auto insurance. Progressive offers choices so consumers can engage whenever, wherever and however it’s most convenient for them — online at progressive.com, by phone at 1-800-PROGRESSIVE, or in-person with a local agent.
Progressive offers insurance for personal and commercial autos, motorcycles, boats, recreational vehicles and homes. It’s the fourth largest auto insurer in the country, the largest seller of motorcycle insurance and a leader in commercial auto insurance. Progressive also offers car insurance online in Australia at http://www.progressivedirect.com.au.
Founded in 1937, Progressive continues its long history of challenging the insurance industry with shopping tools and services that save customers time and money, like Name Your Price®, the Snapshot DiscountSM, and a concierge level of claims service.
The Common Shares of The Progressive Corporation, the Mayfield Village, Ohio-based holding company, are publicly traded at NYSE:PGR.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.