Stibo Systems Helps Mitchells & Butlers’ Recipe for Success
New STEP Master Data Management System to Streamline Business Process for Food & Drink Product Information and Make Leading Restaurant and Pub Company More Agile.
Reading, UK – January 18, 2011 - Mitchells & Butlers, the leading operator of restaurants and pubs in the UK, has selected the STEP master data platform from Stibo Systems to help improve its product information management for ingredients, suppliers, recipes and menus across its range of industry leading brands including Toby Carvery, Harvester and Vintage Inns.
The implementation of STEP will underpin Mitchells & Butlers’ drive to develop its processes, systems and data quality in order to be able to make the best possible decisions regarding menus and drinks ranges, and to be more agile, rapid and responsive in going to market. STEP will support the on-boarding of products from the GS1UK datapool, the restaurant menu change cycle, as well as the development process for new recipes and menus.
With STEP as the central hub for numerous other applications in the Mitchells & Butlers landscape, the restaurant and pub company will significantly reduce duplication and errors in data maintenance.
Mike Sackman, IT director of Mitchells & Butlers said, “We put a number of vendors through a formal selection process and determined that Stibo Systems could best meet our MDM needs both now and in the future.”
“It is very exciting to welcome Mitchells & Butlers to our customer community. We have a long history of supporting our customers’ MDM strategies and we look forward to working with them for a long time”, said Mark Thorpe, managing director at Stibo Systems UK.
About Mitchells & Butlers
• Mitchells & Butlers is the UK’s leading restaurant and pub company with brands including Harvester, Toby Carvery, Vintage Inns, Premium Country Dining Group, Crown Carveries, Sizzling Pub Co., Browns, Miller & Carter, Metro Professionals, All Bar One, Nicholson’s, O’Neill’s and Ember Inns.
• The Company owns and operates around 1600 restaurants and pubs across the UK.
• With around 40,000 staff, Mitchells & Butlers serves approximately 125 million meals and 450 million drinks each year and is one of the largest operators within the UK’s £70 billion eating and drinking out market.
• Further details are available on www.mbplc.com
STEP is a critical component for companies that are improving their business processes and shortening time to market by pursuing a master data strategy. STEP is a unique combination of Master Data Management (MDM), Product Information Management (PIM), Digital Asset Management (DAM), and Cross-Channel Enterprise Publishing in one single platform with unified user interfaces to provide complete control over your information supply chain.
By combining multiple enterprise tools into one seamless application, STEP enables businesses to manage the entire product information lifecycle - including:
• Aggregating raw master data and digital assets from trading partners and disparate sources
• Enriching and governing the data and assets in a central repository
• Making consistent data and assets seamlessly available throughout the enterprise
• Publishing approved data to procurement, supply chain, logistics, marketing, merchandising, sales, distribution and support channels
• Delivering approved e-catalogs of data and assets to trading partners and data pools
About Stibo Systems
Stibo Systems delivers enterprise software solutions that help companies gather, manage and share product master data across the information supply chain. The STEP platform creates a single trusted source of information by eliminating duplicate data silos, turning departmental data into a strategic asset. STEP has been implemented by many of the world’s leading manufacturers, distributors, retailers and service providers. With global operations, Stibo Systems is part of the privately held Stibo A/S group of companies. For more information, visit www.stibosystems.com.
- Contact Information
- Michelle Gullia
- Media Contact
- Stibo Systems
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.