Samís Clubģ Helps Members Fulfill Their Healthy Living Resolutions This January
January is the month when many Americans look to turn over a new leaf when it comes to their health. This year Samís Club will give Business, Advantage and Plus members across the country tools to help them achieve their health goals including free monthly in-club health screenings and access to a new health management benefit, The Prevention Plan from U.S. Preventive Medicine.
ďThrough our member insights, we know our members want to stay in control of their health,Ē said Jill Turner-Mitchael, senior vice president, Samís Club Health and Wellness. ĒWeíre proud to offer these simple health solutions, including free health screenings along with great products like The Prevention Plan, so our members can maintain control of their health decisions, minimize health risks and keep health care costs low for their families, employees and themselves"
The Prevention Plan*
Exclusively priced at $99 for our members, Samís Club will now offer The Prevention Plan, a personalized, step-by-step health management program designed to help people take control of their individual health. Via an online health assessment and at-home blood test, Samís Club members can take the first steps in identifying potential individual health issues. From there, a personalized plan is created to address risks. Personal health coaching, ongoing support, a variety of tools and a plan-wide health challenge are provided through The Prevention Plan to keep members motivated to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
ďAmerica is moving from the reactive treatment of illness to the proactive preservation of health,Ē said Christopher Fey, chairman and CEO, U.S. Preventive Medicine. ďThe Prevention Plan provides the knowledge and tools to help individuals improve their health and wellbeing. A recent study in Population Health Management shows The Plan has been successful in helping people significantly reduce important risk factors including blood glucose, blood pressure, cholesterol and many others. We are pleased to make this program available to Samís Club members.Ē
For more information on The Prevention Plan, customers can call 866-713-1180, or visit www.SamsClub.com/healthyliving.
January In-Club Health Screenings
All Samís Club members across the country can participate in the free monthly health screenings beginning in January. Throughout the year, each monthly event will offer different screenings, including:
- Personal consultation from a licensed pharmacist on their prescription drug medications
- Blood pressure checkups
- Bone density scans
- Body mass index assessment
- Cholesterol and glucose tests
- Hearing and vision screening
For more information, times and locations of health screenings of participating Samís Club locations, members can visit www.SamsClub.com/healthyliving.
Additional Healthy Living Products and Services Available
Samís Club is committed to lowering the costs of health care for our members. Those members with Plus-level memberships who pay with cash can save 40 percent on generic medications and 8 percent on name brand medications in our pharmacies nationwide.** As always, Samís Club pharmacists are available to answer questions about the program.
Samís Club is also a leading provider of affordable health products and services for all its members including:
- $4 Prescriptions- Samís Club pharmacies offer 30-day generic prescriptions for $4, or people can save even more with 90-day prescriptions for only $10.
- Free Rx check up - Samís Clubís licensed pharmacists provide advice on how to take medications to maximize effectiveness, including when and how to use them. Our pharmacists also conduct a comprehensive assessment of all prescription medications to determine possible interactions, no matter where the prescriptions were filled by the customer.
- ePrescribing Ė Samís Club pharmacies accept electronic prescribing to improve prescribing accuracy and patient safety.
- Auto Fill - Samís Club offers an automatic refill program so that prescriptions are ready at the same time every month so customers never have to worry about running out of important medications.
- Ready Reminder - Samís Club pharmacies offer free automatic phone or text messages about the status of a customerís prescription.
- EZPay - By placing a credit card number on file with a Samís Club pharmacy, EZPayallows customers to speed up their pharmacy visit by having the cost of their prescription medications automatically charged to their specified card.
A Samís Club membership is not required to purchase prescription medication in the pharmacies. For more information, customers can speak with a Samís Club pharmacist.
* The Prevention Plan is a service administered solely by U.S. Preventive Medicine, Inc., and its designated vendors. The Plan is independent of and not administered by Samís Club. More information on the Plan is available at www.SamsClub.com/healthylivingor by calling 866-713-1180.
** Savings only for cash purchases based on the dispensing Samís Club Pharmacyís cash price. Discounts not available for purchases covered by health insurance or a state/federal government health care program, on SamsClub.com, or covered by Walmartís Prescription Program or any Samís Club promotion. Restrictions apply. See your local Samís Club pharmacy for details.
About Samís Club
Samís Club, the nationís eighth largest retailer and a leading membership warehouse club, offers superior products and services to more than 47 million members in clubs across the U.S., as well as in Brazil, China and Mexico. Members save an average 30.4 percent over grocery and specialty retailers. Samís Club received the highest rankings in Prescription Ordering and Pickup Process in the J.D. Power and Associates 2010 U.S. National Pharmacy Study. To learn more about savings made simple, visit samsclub.com, and look for Samís Club on Twitter and Facebook.
About U.S. Preventive Medicineģ
U.S. Preventive Medicine www.uspreventivemedicine.comis leading a global preventive health movement focused on saving lives and money by keeping people healthy and better managing chronic conditions before they progress. The company has developed The Prevention Planô, an innovative health management program that is based on the clinical science of preventive medicine: primary (wellness and health promotion to keep healthy people healthy), secondary (screening for earlier detection/diagnosis) and tertiary (early evidence-based treatment to reduce complications and disability). The Prevention Plan, which is available to consumers and employer groups, identifies each individualís top health risks and designs a customized plan of action to reduce those risks, supported by health coaching, robust online tools and plan-wide challenges with incentives. The company is accredited in wellness and health promotion by NCQA and disease management by URAC.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.