The All-New Google Mini: Less is More
Mountain View, Calif. - April 19, 2006 - Google Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOG) today announced a smaller, faster Google Mini, with new features designed to make it even easier for smaller businesses to add Google search to web sites and corporate networks. The integrated hardware/software search appliance now searches multiple sites and can help businesses create an instant intranet by searching the contents of shared Windows file systems.
“True to its name, we’ve made the Mini even smaller, but added many features to make it even more useful for small businesses,” said Dave Girouard, vice president and general manager of Google’s enterprise business. “For about the price of a PC, companies can make their web sites more usable and employees more productive by adding Google search.”
Starting at just $1995, new features for the Mini include:
Access to more, fresher content
* Search across multiple web sites with the ability to create an almost unlimited number of document collections and user interfaces
* Create an instant intranet by directly indexing shared file systems
* Choose between automated continuous crawling to maximize freshness and minimize network traffic, or crawl the entire site on a set schedule
* Faster crawling and query serving, with support for up to 25 queries per second (a 25X increase) for growing websites
* Improved administrator dashboard and SNMP monitoring for remote management
* Easier search query and crawl diagnostics reporting to understand what users are looking for and discover site errors
* About half the size and weight of the original, so fits in a rack or under a desk
The Mini is offered in versions that search from 50,000 up to 300,000 documents and include a year of support. The new Mini is available in the U.S., Europe and now Japan, and offers localized administration in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese.
Thousands of customers already rely on the Google Mini to provide fast and relevant search results for their business. To learn more about the new Google Mini, please visit http://mini.google.com.
About Google Inc.
Google’s innovative search technologies connect millions of people around the world with information every day. Founded in 1998 by Stanford Ph.D. students Larry Page and Sergey Brin, Google today is a top web property in all major global markets. Google’s targeted advertising program provides businesses of all sizes with measurable results, while enhancing the overall web experience for users. Google is headquartered in Silicon Valley with offices throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. For more information, visit www.google.com.
- Contact Information
- Mike Nelson
- Media Contact
- Google Inc.
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.