Customer Spotlight: GEICO Uses Windows Phone 7 to Connect With Customers and Employees
GloveBox mobile app gives customers access to account information, roadside help and a variety of resources on the go.
REDMOND, Wash. — — Auto insurance provider GEICO provides coverage to more than 10 million people in the United States, and now it’s using Windows Phone 7 to connect with them. GEICO now supports Windows Phone 7 as a corporate smartphone for its employees, and has also created a Windows Phone 7 application called GEICO GloveBox that allows customers to pay bills, obtain policy ID information, and receive help in tough situations such as getting in a car accident or changing a flat tire.
“With Windows Phone 7, GEICO can connect with customers anywhere,” said Steve Smith, assistant vice president of GEICO’s Internet Business Unit. “Accidentally lock your keys in your car? With just a few taps, help is on the way. With GEICO GloveBox, it’s never been easier to stay current on your payments or get the help you need if you’re ever in an accident.”
Customers who download the GEICO GloveBox app will have immediate access to the following services:
• Bill Pay and Insurance ID Cards. Users can pay their GEICO auto insurance bills and access current insurance ID cards from their phones.
• Accident Helper. Accident Helper helps put customers in contact with emergency services, provides a place to organize photos and has other helpful features in case of an accident.
• Roadside Service. The locator feature allows mobile users to find nearby tow services and gas stations. The feature works through the phone’s GPS or when a location is entered manually.
• Taxi and Rental Car Service. The locator feature can also help find a ride from just about anywhere.
• Auto How To’s. The GloveBox app features step-by-step instructions to help users jump-start a vehicle, change a flat tire or check tire pressure.
• Contact GEICO. The app provides GEICO phone numbers for any situation.
• Videos. GloveBox provides a range of entertainment to help users pass the time while waiting for any of the above services. Users can check out the real story behind the Gecko and view their favorite GEICO commercials.
• Social Media. Users also get the ability to view GEICO’s social media pages such as the Gecko and Caveman Facebook and Twitter pages.
GEICO also supports Windows Phone 7 as a corporate phone, taking advantage of the mobile platform’s seamless interoperability of Microsoft Office to help the company’s 24,000 employees stay connected. Employees can now work on the go, place calls, send e-mail, create appointments and attend meetings via corporate accounts on their Windows Phones.
“GEICO is truly exemplifying the benefits of Windows Phone 7 for both its consumer and corporate users,” said Mark Hindsbo, vice president, Developer and Platform Evangelism U.S., Microsoft Corp. “By empowering its employees with corporate Windows Phone 7 devices, and providing its custom GloveBox application to its customers, GEICO is clearly innovating to deliver the best possible mobile insurance experience.”
The GEICO GloveBox application for Windows Phone 7 is available for download today at http://www.geico.com/information/mobile.
GEICO (Government Employees Insurance Company) is a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies and is the third-largest private passenger auto insurer in the United States. GEICO provides auto insurance coverage for 10 million policyholders and insures more than 16 million vehicles. In addition to auto insurance, GEICO offers customers insurance products for their motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), and mobile homes. Coverage for life, boats, homes and apartments is available through the GEICO Insurance Agency. Commercial auto insurance and personal umbrella protection are also available.
As a member of the Berkshire Hathaway group of companies, GEICO is rated A++ for financial strength by A.M. Best Company and ranks at the top of several national customer satisfaction surveys. For more information, go to http://www.geico.com.
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq “MSFT”) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.