FedEx Freight Canada Improves Cross-Border Service
FedEx Freight Canada today announced the company has reduced transit times in more than 500 lanes connecting Toronto and Montreal to dozens of cities and regions in the United States. These service enhancements will enable cross-border LTL shippers to achieve supply chain improvements. FedEx Freight Canada, a subsidiary of FedEx Freight Corp., provides cross-border and intra-Canada less-than-truckload (LTL) shipping services. FedEx Freight Corp. is a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX).
“FedEx Freight is committed to providing outstanding service to LTL shippers throughout North America. In addition to these transit improvements, we have expanded our service center network in Canada in recent months and streamlined processes for customs clearance,” said William J. Logue, president and CEO, FedEx Freight Corp.
Specific north and southbound cross-border transit-time reductions include:
* Three-day service improved to two-day service between Atlanta and Savannah, Ga., Charlotte, N.C., Charleston, S.C., Birmingham, Ala., and Toronto, Mississauga and Hamilton, Ontario.
* Three-day service reduced to two-day service between Memphis, Tenn., St. Louis and Kansas City, Mo., and Toronto, Mississauga and Hamilton, Ontario.
* Three-day service improved to two-day service between Milwaukee, Rockford, Ill., St. Louis, Mo., and Montreal.
* Four-day service reduced to three-day service between Denver, Houston and other cities in the central U.S. and Montreal.
* Five-day service reduced to four-day service between Los Angeles, Seattle and other points on the West Coast and Montreal.
The company has also expanded its service center network with two additional facility openings in the Greater Toronto Area, and provides all-points coverage to more than 7,000 cities in 10 provinces as well as trans-border service for shipments to and from the U.S. and other locations.
“Our goal is to add value for our customers’ supply chains, and I am pleased with the steps we have taken to strengthen our Canadian service offering,” said Logue.
About FedEx Freight
With corporate offices in Memphis, Tenn., the FedEx Freight Segment includes FedEx Freight, a leading U.S. provider of fast-transit LTL freight services; FedEx National LTL, a leading U.S. provider of economical LTL services; FedEx Freight Canada, an LTL operating company serving most points in Canada; and FedEx Custom Critical, North America’s largest time-specific, critical shipment carrier. For more information, visit fedex.com.
About FedEx Corp.
FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) provides customers and businesses worldwide with a broad portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services. With annual revenues of $36 billion, the company offers integrated business applications through operating companies competing collectively and managed collaboratively, under the respected FedEx brand. Consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers, FedEx inspires its more than 285,000 team members to remain “absolutely, positively” focused on safety, the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. For more information, visit news.fedex.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.