Harris Corporation Demonstrates Unique IP-based Content Management and Delivery Capabilities with Integrated Demonstrations at NAB2006
Digital newsgathering, IPTV, localized ad insertion, new services provisioning and mobile TV among the featured applications
CINCINNATI, April 18, 2006 — Harris Corporation (NYSE: HRS) will illustrate its innovations in digital content management and delivery at NAB2006. Demonstrations at Harris booths #SU2929 and #C807 will convey the company’s unique ability to support next-generation, IP-based business models, and to integrate business systems for content management and distribution with video infrastructure from the Leitch business portfolio. Visitors to the Harris displays will be shown how Harris customers can improve workflow efficiencies over IP networks, enabling them to offer new services and reduce operational costs.
“As the media and entertainment industry moves to an IT-centric model, our customers face a learning curve to integrate new revenue-generating business models with their evolving back office,” said Tim Thorsteinson, president, Harris Broadcast Communications Division. “At NAB2006, Harris will demonstrate multiple real-world applications that convey the value we bring in creating new ways of managing and delivering content in the emerging IP arena.”
Demonstrations that encompass the intelligent management of news, interstitial material, and long- and short-form programming include the following.
* Digital Newsgathering — This demonstration shows how broadcasters and content originators can support end-to-end newsgathering in an application called NewsNet™. The NewsNet application supports the full digital news workflow by providing shared access to content hosted on NEXIO™ servers by leveraging industry standards such as the media object server (MOS) communication protocol. NewsNet™ spans the full range of news applications: ingest, editing, management, monitoring, rundown and play-out. The Digital Newsgathering demo can be viewed in the South Hall at the “News” wall located at Harris booth #SU2929.
* IPTV — This demonstration shows Harris’ unique ability to supply the three core capabilities a provider needs to run an IPTV network: software to manage content delivery, video infrastructure for reliable program transport, and network monitoring to maintain quality of service. The Harris IPTV offering can be viewed in the South Hall at the “Content Processing and Channel Release” wall located at Harris booth #SU2929.
* Localized Ad Insertion — MSOs and newly emerging service providers rely on their IP networks to reach more tightly segmented audiences with localized versions of branded programming and ads. The Localized Ad Insertion demonstration is unique in that it shows how Harris Automation can be used to manage not only the insertion of the localized content, but also the associated branding, from a central location. Customers can view this demonstration in the South Hall at the “Content Processing and Channel Release” wall located at Harris booth #SU2929.
* New Service Provisioning — In this application Harris shows how content originators can apply the H-Class™ Content Delivery Platform to intelligently automate the business rules associated with finding, managing, repurposing, and distributing digital content — along with all permutations of the same content — to different subscribers. Harris enables new services to new subscribers by linking H-Class™ Digital Asset Management with H-Class™ Intelligent Transport. Demonstrations of content flow in support of new service provisioning can be found in the South Hall at Harris booth #SU2929 in the H-Class™ Platform demonstration area.
* Mobile TV — In support of the evolving mobile TV market, Harris has extended its proven transmission capabilities to enable its customers to broadcast content to subscribers using mobile devices. Harris will be delivering content to mobile devices via its Atlas™ digital UHF transmitters for DVB-H and FLO™ modulation, as well as its new Cool Play™ 1670 MHz transmitter for DVB-H modulation. Customers can view these demonstrations in the Central Hall at Harris booth #C807.
About Harris Broadcast Communications Division
Harris is an international communications and information technology company serving government and commercial markets in more than 150 countries. With headquarters in Melbourne, Florida, the company has annual sales of over $3 billion and more than 13,000 employees — including 5,500 engineers and scientists — dedicated to the development of best-in-class assured communications™ products, systems, and services. The company’s operating divisions serve markets for government communications, RF communications, broadcast communications, and microwave communications. Additional information about Harris Corporation is available at www.harris.com
- Contact Information
- Mary Beth Harnett
- Harris Broadcast Communications Division
- Harris Corporation
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.