ING Bank Turkey Strengthens Multichannel Business Model Using Cisco Borderless Network Architecture
Branches Across Turkey Enjoy a 10-Fold Increase in Connection Speeds
ISTANBUL, Turkey - Cisco announced today that ING Bank Turkey has deployed a highly secure and reliable information infrastructure based on the Cisco® Borderless Network architecture.
ING Bank Turkey’s borderless network supports a multichannel business model by connecting 333 branches and 838 ATMs along with 24-hour call centers and online banking facilities. The new borderless network infrastructure serves as the foundation for a higher level of platform integration across these channels, helping to streamline operations, speed up product and service delivery, and manage the overall customer experience.
Key Facts / Highlights
* The objective of the project was to make the banking infrastructure faster and more secure while also improving business agility and resilience through a virtualized data center that includes Cisco Nexus® 1000V Series Switches.
* The Internet Protocol (IP) network design is the first of its kind in Turkey, with redundant connections for local and wide area networks (LANs and WANs). It combines the power of Cisco switching and routing solutions and security technologies with Cisco 3G Wireless WAN backup links.
* Branches now enjoy a 10-fold increase in connection speeds, enabling employees to access information faster, complete transactions more quickly, and serve customers more efficiently. These gains are particularly important because about 50 percent of customers still bank at a local branch.
* The bank is also cutting costs by taking advantage of the Cisco voice and video-ready network to make staff training available online.
* Cisco 2800 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISRs) have been deployed at all branches and are connecting the branch offices into the backbone infrastructure, which consists of Cisco Catalyst® 6500, 7600 and 7200 Series Routers. The headquarter is served with Cisco Catalyst 4500 Series Switches. These systems provide the foundation for the borderless network and connect all users.
* ING Bank Turkey has also strengthened the end-to-end security of its Internet banking services. And through data center virtualization, plans for new products and service improvements can now be accelerated.
* Huseyin Sivri, chief information officer, ING Bank Turkey
“Our aim was to improve service quality and provide the foundation for rapid growth while reducing costs and helping to provide a safe and highly secure banking environment. IT strategy is a key enabler in this transformation. During this project, we have continuously received access to the very best technical support from Cisco and its partners.”
* Isil Hasdemir, enterprise sales manager, Cisco Turkey
“Today’s financial institutions require an information infrastucture that allows them to expand sales and services to multiple delivery channels. The Cisco Borderless Network architecture was meeting ING Turkey’s needs to serve its customers across the country in branches, through call centers and via Internet banking.”
ING, Cisco, Turkey, Borderless Networks
RSS Feed for Cisco:
About ING Bank Turkey
ING is a global financial institution of Dutch origin offering banking, investments, life insurance and retirement services. ING serves more than 85 million retail and corporate customers in more than 40 countries. With its 105.000 employees, ING’s aim is to help its customers set the standards to manage their financial futures. ING operates in many continents from Asia to North and Latin America, from Europe to Australia, and is ranked 81st in the “Interbrand 100 Best Brands” list and 7th in the “Fortune Global 500” list. In 2007, ING Group acquired Oyak Bank. ING Bank Turkey, established on July 7th, 2008, offers services in consumer, business, corporate and private banking segments with its 329 branches and 5886 employees.
Cisco, (NASDAQ: CSCO), the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate, this year celebrates 25 years of technology innovation, operational excellence and corporate social responsibility. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com. Cisco equipment in Europe is provided by Cisco Systems International B.V. and Cisco International Limited, wholly owned subsidiaries of Cisco Systems, Inc.
# # #
Cisco, the Cisco logo, Cisco Systems, Cisco Nexus and Catalyst are registered trademarks or trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks. Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company. This document is Cisco Public Information.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.