World Aids Day: Global launch of the 2010 Stocktaking Report “Children and AIDS” with UN partners
The Stocktaking Report 2010 reviews advances made in the four areas of HIV and AIDS that affect children and highlights key steps towards achieving an AIDS-free generation. The report is issued by UNICEF and its partners (UNAIDS, UNESCO, UNFPA, WHO).
One major finding is that most countries have made important gains in preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV and in paediatric treatment. Some countries have made progress towards HIV prevention goals, and more AIDS-affected children are benefiting from protection, care and support services, but much more remains to be done.
The report will be launched at a press conference in New York with news embargoed until 10AM US EST (14:00 GMT), 30 November 2010.
Tuesday, 30 November 2010; 11am to 12pm
UNICEF House, Danny Kaye Visitors Centre; 3 UN Plaza, New York, NY 10017
* Mr. Anthony Lake, Executive Director, UNICEF
* TBC, UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador
* Dr Paul De Lay, Deputy Executive Director for Programme, UNAIDS
* Dr Ying-Ru Lo, Coordinator for prevention in the Health Sector, HIV/AIDS Department, WHO
* Mr. George Tembo, Chief of HIV and AIDS programme, UNFPA
* Mr. Philippe Kridelka, Director of Liaison office in New York, UNESCO
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.