Operators set to beat the capacity crunch with Tango Telecom’s Policy Controller
Limerick, Ireland 11th November 2010: Tango Telecom, the leading provider of Policy Control, Real-Time Charging & Advanced Messaging solutions, has today announced the general availability of Release 3 of the Tango Telecom Policy Controller (PCRF) with enhanced features to support 4G networks and deliver enhanced QoS control.
Operators are aware that while their subscribers’ appetite for data services is growing at a phenomenal rate, their revenues are not increasing at similar pace. In order to monetise data traffic and move beyond ‘dumb-pipe’ status, operators need to intelligently manage their broadband capacity to curtail their costs while improving their subscribers’ quality of experience.
The Tango PCRF is a 3GPP compliant network policy control solution proven to enable operators to dynamically control network resources by managing quality of service and network access and implementing network policies in real-time.
Rory O’Toole, VP of Sales, Tango Telecom, comments: “It is becoming very obvious that flat-rate and unlimited usage data packages are unsustainable as operators are faced with growing backhaul costs, continued subscriber growth and increasing mobile broadband usage. It has not been enough to simply copy historic voice charging models for data: operators need to innovate and create tangible value for their subscribers, while maximising utilisation of scare resources. Our PCRF is proven to give them the flexibility to implement a wide variety of charging models and tiered service level packages coupled with vital real-time management and enforcement including QoS Control.”
The Tango PCRF offers operators, across all types of networks, the following key benefits:
• dynamically manage fair usage of network capacity in real-time – maintaining quality of service for all subscribers
• protect subscribers from ‘Bill Shock’, enabling them to set personalised limits, controls and notification thresholds
• enable subscription, casual use and on demand packages
• provide real-time intelligent tiered service level plans – prioritising access for premium subscribers
• use deep packet inspection capabilities to enable the personalisation of services, plans and applications
• implement advanced subscriber managed gating features including parental control
• provide enhanced support for 4G technologies such as LTE and WiMAX
Tango Telecom’s Data Charging and Policy Control Platform is a unified solution for Real-Time Data Charging, Policy Management and Policy Enforcement and is proven to give operators the flexibility to implement a wide variety of charging models and tiered service level packages coupled with the vital real-time policy management and enforcement.
- Contact Information
- Rebecca Walsh
- Marcomms Manager
- Tango Telecom
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.