Arbor Books: 10 Signs of a Bad Forum
(New York, NY)—Poorly administered and moderated forums, have become places where trolls and truthiness have seized the day, according to both industry sources and a growing number of angry victims, including individuals and businesses.
Once places of honest discourse, forums have become hijacked by everyone from anonymous posters to mods who have personal biases and their own agendas
There are 10 signs to recognize bad forums:
* Allowing cyber defamation and cyber-libel on the forum
* Having one-sided, lop-sided threads and/or comments
* Allowing members to register without providing their real names and addresses
* Administrators and moderators who refuse to respond to complaints
* Posting unsubstantiated claims
* Permitting hit-and-run anonymous posts
* Piling on by members
* The sudden appearance of cyber-lynch-mobs
* Letting cyber-griping turn into cyber-smearing
* No invitation to invite the “accused” when cyber-griping or defaming someone
* The knocking of one business or businessperson and then turn around to promote one of their own.
For more information on writing, publishing and book marketing services, please feel free to visit Arbor Books, Inc. at www.arborbooks.com or call 1-800-877-2500.
- Contact Information
- Olga Vladi
- Marketing Director
- Arbor Books
- Contact via E-mail
This news content may be integrated into any legitimate news gathering and publishing effort. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.