Warner Home Video Celebrates American Girl’s 25th Anniversary With The Release Of “Felicity: An American Girl Adventure Deluxe Edition” Available February 15, 2011
– Burbank, CA – In celebration of American Girl’s 25th anniversary, Warner Home Video will release the full-length live-action movie, “Felicity: An American Girl Adventure” in a collectible, new deluxe edition. The film focuses on Felicity Merriman, a spirited and independent 10-year-old who lives in Williamsburg, Virginia around the time of the American Revolution. “Felicity: An American Girl Adventure Deluxe Edition” will be available in stores February 15, 2011 and will retail for $19.97 SRP. It will also be available for digital download. Order due date has been set for January 11, 2011.
When Felicity meets Penny, a beautiful copper-colored mare, she knows with all her heart that she must free Penny from her cruel owner. Felicity desperately wishes for that same sureness of heart about the rumors of revolution swirling through Williamsburg. Felicity’s father believes that the colonies should be free from England’s rule, but her beloved grandfather and her best friend Elizabeth both support the king. With fiercely conflicting loyalties dividing the colonists, something as simple as a cup of tea could divide Felicity from her best friend forever. As Christmas time draws near, Felicity struggles to hold her family and friends close, and to find ways for love and friendship to rise above the growing conflict.
“Felicity: An American Girl Adventure” stars Academy Award-winning actress Marcia Gay Harden (“Pollock,” “Mystic River”) as Mrs. Merriman, John Schneider (“Smallville”) as Mr. Merriman and Shailene Woodley (“The Secret Life of the American Teenager”) as Felicity Merriman.
“‘Felicity: An American Girl Adventure’ is a heartwarming, inspirational film that tells a beautiful story set during Colonial times,” said Amit Desai, WHV Vice President of Family, Animation and Partner Brands Marketing. He added, “Felicity is a bright, courageous and endearing character that young girls, and viewers of all ages, will enjoy. We are delighted to release this wonderful family film in a new deluxe edition.”
American Girl ranks as one of the top 25 consumer catalogues in the country. Since 1986, 18 million American Girl dolls and 132 million American Girl books have been sold. American Girl’s experiential retail stores have welcomed over 33 million visitors to date.
Special Features on the DVD include:
• All-new release! “Women in Williamsburg – ‘Felicity: An American Girl’” – An insider’s tour of Felicity’s World of Colonial Williamsburg, Filmed in Cooperation with The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation.
• “All About ‘Felicity, An American Girl’”
• “On Set with Felicity” – Exclusive behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Shailene Woodley (Felicity).
• “Felicity’s Williamsburg”: Co-Stars Shailene Woodley and Katie Henney guide you through Felicity’s hometown, now a living-history museum you can visit today.
Artwork and special features are subject to change.
About American Girl:
American Girl Brands, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAT, www.mattel.com), the world’s leading toy company. Since American Girl’s inception in 1986, the company has devoted its entire business to celebrating the potential of girls ages 3 to 12. American Girl encourages girls to dream, to grow, to aspire, to create, and to imagine through a wide range of engaging and insightful books, age-appropriate and educational dolls and accessories, and unforgettable experiences. In meeting its mission with a vigilant eye toward quality and service, American Girl has earned the loyal following of millions of girls and the praise and trust of parents and educators. To learn more about American Girl or to request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com.
About Warner Home Video:
With operations in 90 international territories, Warner Home Video, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, a division of the Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, commands the largest distribution infrastructure in the global video marketplace. Warner Home Video’s film library is the largest of any studio, offering top quality new and vintage titles from the repertoires of Warner Bros. Pictures, Turner Entertainment, Castle Rock Entertainment, HBO Home Video and New Line Home Entertainment.
About Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group:
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group brings together Warner Bros. Entertainment’s home video, digital distribution, interactive entertainment/videogames, direct-to-DVD production, technical operations and anti-piracy businesses in order to maximize current and next-generation distribution scenarios. WBHEG is responsible for the global distribution of content through DVD, electronic sell-through and VOD, and delivery of theatrical content to wireless and online channels, and is also a significant worldwide publisher for both internal and third party videogame titles.
For more information on this and other titles distributed by Warner Home Video, visit www.whvdirect.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.