TANDBERG Television Unveils On-Demand Interactive Advertising System at NCTA ’06
New solution gives advertisers powerful capabilities to target and engage audiences
Atlanta, April 10, 2006 - TANDBERG Television (TAT.OL) today announced it will unveil an on-demand interactive advertising system at the NCTA National Show 2006, booth #3751. The company’s new dynamic ad placement solution integrates advanced video-on-demand (VOD) capabilities with advanced interactive television functionality. It enables operators and programmers to engage subscribers with compelling integrated advertising experiences tightly embedded in broadcast and VOD programming.
“In an era of ad-skipping and fragmented viewership, our next generation technology will play a critical role for advertisers striving to engage their customers. TANDBERG Television’s new solution offers advertisers the ability to blend the emotion of television with the precision and measurability of the Internet,” said Braxton Jarratt, SVP, Marketing and Business Development, TANDBERG Television Inc.
A recent joint survey released by the Association of National Advertisers and Forrester Research found nearly 70 percent of advertisers are concerned that VOD and digital video recorders (DVR) are rendering traditional TV ads less effective, and confirmed that advertisers will spend less on TV ads in favor of emerging forms of advertising. The new interactive advertising system from TANDBERG Television helps cable deliver more effective forms of advertising that complement the evolving and complicated viewing patterns of today’s consumers.
With the new ad solutions from TANDBERG Television, operators can deliver dynamic ad placements, playlists, interactive advertisements, branded portal and t-commerce capabilities to create rich, immersive subscriber interactions. Since the system is platform agnostic, it can be extended to any delivery device where content is consumed, complete with embedded interactive experiences launched with every subscriber inquiry or response.
The complete solution from TANDBERG Television includes:
· On-demand advertising - Global management system for advanced video advertising technologies, including VOD ad placement, long-form VOD delivery and highly targeted ad systems. The AdPoint® solution addresses the diverse needs of advertisers and marketers by providing innovative tools for the production, management, and placement of advertising and marketing messages across platforms and methods.
· Interactive advertisements - Two-way interactive television (iTV) communication that actively engages viewers, draws them deeper into the programming and creates a unique relationship between the advertiser, the content and the operator.
· Branded entertainment on-demand - By linking from linear video to on-demand content, advertisers can tie branded content areas directly to advertisements. While viewing an ad, users can click for more information to launch on-demand sessions that provide deeper brand interactions.
· T-commerce - Secure transactions from set-top-boxes allow viewers to make purchases while watching television. T-commerce is a powerful product placement and direct marketing solution for advertisers, enabling viewers to request additional information or initiate purchases directly from their television screen.
· Mobile messaging solutions - With its end-to-end mobile messaging system, TANDBERG Television supports mobile marketing campaigns, including registration management, content creation and scheduling, reporting and analysis, and delivery to subscribers of all major carriers.
The interactive advertising system delivered by TANDBERG Television is based on open interfaces, enabling cable operators to easily deploy on-demand services using existing, preferred and next-generation backend components - such as video servers, access networks, billing systems, and client applications - as well as future iTV applications, including gaming and merchandizing. By enabling multiple video server vendors and complexes to coexist in the same installation, TANDBERG Television allows operators to direct content to specific servers and load balance resources across vendors.
About TANDBERG Television
Whether it’s advanced compression systems, on-demand or interactive television, TANDBERG Television delivers the technology and expertise that is moving digital video forward. The company’s award-winning solutions are used by the world’s leading network operators, broadcasters and content owners to deliver new viewer experiences and advertising opportunities. With a broad suite of open, standards-based products, TANDBERG Television offers the highest quality digital TV solutions including IPTV, HDTV, video-on-demand, advertising on-demand, and interactive TV applications to customers in the Americas, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa. For more information, please visit www.tandbergtv.com.
- Contact Information
- Dwight Witherspoon
- TANDBERG Television
- Contact via E-mail
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.