BMO ETFs Reach $1Billion in Assets Under Management
* Major milestone achieved in only 15 months
* BMO only Canadian bank to offer ETFs*
* Line-up Includes 30 ETFs Designed To Address Diverse Investor Needs
TORONTO - BMO Financial Group today announced that its Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) business has reached $1 billion in assets under management only 15 months after entering the ETF market.
In June 2009 BMO became the only bank in Canada to offer ETFs, and has since achieved a number of market firsts:
· The BMO NASDAQ 100 Equity Hedged to CAD Index ETF is the first and only ETF in Canada to offer equity exposure to the Nasdaq index.
· The BMO Junior Gold Index ETF is the first and only ETF in Canada to offer exposure to small cap gold equities across North America.
· The BMO High Yield US Corporate Bond Hedged to CAD Index ETF is the first ETF in Canada to offer exposure to U.S. high yield bonds.
· The BMO Emerging Markets Bond Hedged to CAD Index ETF is the first and only ETF of its kind in Canada to give exposure to sovereign debt from emerging markets.
“The success of BMO ETFs can be attributed to our innovative product line-up, which provides effective solutions for the diverse needs of investors,” says Rajiv Silgardo, CEO, BMO Asset Management Inc. “Our wide breadth of products, combined with the strength of our BMO ETF management team, provides investors with the unparalleled variety of optimum investment strategies that they require.”
Exchange traded funds offer efficient and effective access to a wide variety of asset classes. Investors benefit from lower costs, portfolio transparency and investment flexibility. Many are also attracted to the diversity, tax efficiency and liquidity that ETFs add to an investment portfolio. Investors can choose from a diverse line-up of 30 BMO ETFs.
* BMO ETFs are managed and administered by BMO Asset Management Inc., an investment counsel firm and separate legal entity from the Bank of Montreal.
About BMO Financial Group
Established in 1817 as Bank of Montreal, BMO Financial Group is a highly-diversified North American financial services organization. With total assets of $397 billion as at July 31, 2010, and more than 38,000 employees, BMO Financial Group provides a broad range of retail banking, wealth management and investment banking products and solutions.
Commissions, management fees and expenses all may be associated with exchange-traded funds. Please read the prospectus before investing. The funds are not guaranteed, their values change frequently and past performance may not be repeated.
Nasdaq ® is a registered trademark of The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc. and has been licensed for use by BMO Asset Management Inc. for certain purposes. The BMO ETF based on the Nasdaq index is not issued, endorsed, sold or promoted by Nasdaq. NASDAQ MAKES NO WARRANTIES AND BEARS NO LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE BMO ETF.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.