New EMC Services and Solutions Optimize Oracle Application Environments and Pave the Way to the Private Cloud
EMC solutions provide documented guidance that can help enterprises deploy virtualized environments in ten minutes, reduce storage costs up to 92%, and increase data warehouse performance up to 300%
HOPKINTON, Mass. – EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) today announced a new portfolio of services from EMC® Consulting and EMC Proven™ Solutions with applied technology best practices that help customers with Oracle® and other application environments move forward on their journey to the private cloud.
These new offerings from EMC help enterprises gain operational efficiencies and control costs as they deploy virtualization solutions across business application environments ranging from testing, development and production – to online transactional processing (OLTP) and data warehouse systems.
New Consulting Services Optimize Information Architectures
New offerings from EMC Consulting help enterprises with Oracle and other application environments lower costs, increase efficiency and improve business agility through best practices and applied expertise in business intelligence, data warehousing and application performance.
Consulting, architecture and analytics services from EMC help customers optimize virtualization, data classification, and growth analysis in their information architectures via tiered storage and active archiving. Enterprises can leverage these immediately available services to:
* Assimilate, analyze, and track performance metrics to both plan and build business intelligence and performance management systems that align with strategic objectives
* Communicate information more easily and make it more meaningful and actionable through data visualization
* Collect, consolidate and organize data required for reporting and pervasive analytics when designing and implementing a data warehouse
* Understand business impact, develop plans, design architecture, and assess transition readiness when building a virtualized enterprise application environment
In addition to helping clients better manage the explosion of enterprise-wide data within their information architectures, EMC is providing documented solutions designed to help improve the performance of applications within the underlying information infrastructure.
New EMC Proven Solutions Dramatically Increase Performance and Reduce Cost
Oracle database administrators and other IT professionals are increasing their deployments of virtualization technologies in order to improve application performance and better manage the costs associated with long-term storage growth – and move ahead on the path to the private cloud.
New EMC Proven Solutions and applied technology best practices provide written guidance that can help IT professionals optimize an information infrastructure with deployments of business applications from Oracle and virtualization technology from VMware®. The documented solutions are based upon rigorous testing conducted by EMC engineers and IT professionals and encompass one-time use case scenarios. These technical solutions span across several Oracle application environment scenarios that range in purpose from testing, development and production – to OLTP and data warehouse systems:
Maximize Efficiency in Virtualized Oracle Environments
* Rapid Deployment and Scale Out for Oracle E-Business Suite Enabled by EMC RecoverPoint, EMC Replication Manager, and VMware vSphere™ provisioned up to ten virtual machines for test and development in only ten minutes using VMware vSphere and automated updates through EMC RecoverPoint and EMC Replication Manager
* EMC FAST® Cache with Oracle OLTP Database Applications increased Oracle production database transactions per minute by up to 140 percent*
* EMC IT’s Migration to the Open, Expandable Oracle BI Grid increased performance in an Oracle Database 11g data warehouse up to 300 percent* by implementing EMC Symmetrix® VMAX™ with EMC Enterprise Flash Drives for Oracle
* Virtual Provisioning on EMC Symmetrix VMAX with Oracle Database 10g and 11g increased Oracle Database 11g transactions per minute up to 90 percent, without deploying additional storage capacity
Reduce Storage Costs
* Fully Automated Storage Tiering (FAST) with Oracle Database Applications reduced the total cost of ownership of an Oracle Database 11g storage infrastructure up to 15 percent by implementing tiered storage using EMC FAST technology at the sub-LUN level (Logical Unit Number) along with EMC Unified Storage
* EMC Backup and Recovery for Oracle 11g OLTP eliminated redundant data from database backups, accelerated recovery times and reduced capacity requirements up to 92 percent over a five week period by implementing EMC Data Domain deduplication storage systems with Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN)
* Virtual Provisioning on EMC Symmetrix VMAX with Oracle Database 10g and 11g reclaimed up to 56 percent of all unused storage space within virtually provisioned Oracle Database 11g database environments through the deployment of EMC Symmetrix Virtual Provisioning with Oracle Automated Storage Management (ASM) Storage Reclamation Utility
Industry Analyst Quote
“No two enterprises are exactly alike and IT professionals know this all too well. As a result, they look to their vendors for the most relevant approaches to their particular challenges and aspirations.” said Mark Peters, Senior Analyst at the Enterprise Strategy Group. “The EMC/Oracle relationship is an example of how this need can be met further with onsite experts who can apply practical analysis to improve architectures as well as proven interoperability among key technologies to get the most out of investments in every way possible.”
EMC Executive Quote:
“Clients are looking to increase the value of their enterprise information and to optimize the cost of their underlying infrastructures,” said Tom Roloff, Senior Vice President of EMC Consulting, EMC Corporation. “Our new consulting services help clients break down information silos and bring the right information to the right person at the right time to increase business responsiveness and drive optimized IT infrastructures with EMC Proven Solutions and applied best practices.”
Please visit EMC at booth #901 at Oracle OpenWorld 2010, September 19-23 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
*Compared to Fibre Channel and/or Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) drive configurations
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world’s leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC’s products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.