CA Technologies Executives to Discuss Overcoming Virtualization Stall at VMworld 2010
Company to Showcases Management Solutions for Eliminating VM Stall in Booth 1119
ISLANDIA, N.Y. - CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced that Andi Mann and Stephen Elliot, two of its Virtualization and Automation executives, will discuss best practices for accelerating virtualization deployments at VMworld 2010. Their session, entitled “Getting Over the Hump - How to Expand Your Stalled Virtualization Deployment,” will be held on Wednesday, September 1 at 10:30 a.m. PT, at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
Many organizations experience virtualization stall, which prevents them from moving beyond the first stage on the virtualization maturity curve. These organizations fail to virtualize their tier 2, tier 1, and mission-critical systems to achieve the promise of a dynamic data center and private cloud. This in turn means that they fail to realize the full scope of benefits from virtualization: not just cost reduction, but also business and IT agility, management efficiency, market responsiveness, service improvements, and staffing benefits.
“We will show attendees how to ensure successful virtualization deployments by containing risk, managing resourcing, incorporating scalability, and establishing effective management,” said Mann, CA Technologies vice president of product marketing. “Attendees will come away knowing how to identify problems in their IT organization before they appear, how to expand their virtualization deployments, and move further along in their journey to dynamic data centers and cloud computing.”
CA Technologies will showcase its many solutions for eliminating VM stall and progressing on the journey from virtualization to cloud computing in booth #1119. Attendees will learn about CA Technologies four-step model for helping customers evolve from an entry-level virtualization project to a mature dynamic data center and private cloud strategy. The booth will feature demonstrations of the following products and solutions for managing the virtualization maturity lifecycle:
* Virtualization management, including the products of the CA Virtual portfolio, which offers comprehensive management capabilities designed to help increase business agility by providing a better way to provision, control, assure, secure and optimize virtual environments;
* Virtual Security, including CA Virtual Privilege Manager, which secures privileged access to the virtual environment;
* Service Automation, including CA Spectrum® Automation Manager, which supports building private clouds by providing provisioning, discovery and process automation;
* Backup and Continuity, including CA ARCserve® Backup and CA ARCserve® Replication and High Availability, which delivers effective and economical business continuity, disaster recovery and high availability for virtual environments.
* Cloud, including CA 3Tera® AppLogic®, which enables MSPs and enterprises to rapidly build private clouds, IaaS, PaaS, and virtual data center offerings all from a single, integrated platform.
“CA Technologies has a clear understanding of where customers are in journey to cloud computing and what’s needed to ensure success,” said Parag Patel, vice president, Global Strategic Alliances, VMware. “The company’s session on accelerating the virtualization journey and the related management and security solutions exhibited in their booth will be instrumental in helping VMworld attendees understand how to expand their VMware deployments, achieve the vision of a dynamic data center and deliver the benefits of cloud computing.”
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments – from mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage evolving IT ecosystems. For additional information, visit CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.