Atos Origin, in partnership with Actemium, supplies the Real Time Control system for the drinking water plant at Neuilly-sur-Marne
Monitoring the quantity, quality and safety of the drinking water supply for 2 million inhabitants
Paris, Atos WorldGrid, an entity of Atos Origin and a world leader of smart energy and natural resources, and Actemium (GTIE Infi and MCII, companies in the VINCI Energies group), have designed, produced and commissioned the new Real Time Operations system at the Neuilly-sur-Marne water plant on behalf of Syndicat des Eaux d’Ile de France (SEDIF). This latest generation industrial monitoring system ensures the reliable production and distribution of drinking water for over 2 million inhabitants in the Paris region.
The drinking water production for Neuilly-sur-Marne, one of the biggest in Europe, has been the subject of a huge renovation programme with a budget of € 140 million over 5 years. This project relates to almost all the plant units (pre-treatment, decantation, filtration, ozonation, aqueduct bridge, pump unit, electricity supply, effluence processing, etc). As part of this work, the renovation of the IT infrastructure aimed at guaranteeing the performance level of technology through the adaptation to needs and at producing high quality drinking water at the best possible price. Sustainability and environmental improvement are also at the heart of the project: Dehydrated ground is now assessed at 95%, and the effluent water discharged into the Marne river is now cleaner than at the point of catchment.
The Real Time Operations system delivered by Atos Origin and Actemium for the Neuilly-sur-Marne plant is the first large-scale project under the new master plan that SEDIF has developed for all its industrial IT facilities. It has allowed to validate the major points and to refine the objectives.
Capitalising on similar successful projects at the Méry-sur-Oise and Choisy-le-Roi plants, Atos Origin and Actemium have pooled their expertise to complete this large-scale work. Atos Origin first gathered and structured the professional expertise of the various operators: hydraulics experts, chemists, electricians, chief operators and control engineers. Atos Origin supplied the Digitized Control application and a new Diagnosis Aid of Facilities application. The remote monitoring and data acquisition system was produced by Actemium.
* The Digitized Control Application is a smart IT system that monitors the whole plant and manages the distribution network. Due to the risks arising from any drop in water quality, the ACI needs comprehensive control over the entire production system. At the same time, it carries out the sophisticated analysis of the situation, taking into account the process status, examines the archived log and makes future projections based on scheduled production needs. The ACI is therefore capable of constantly anticipating the requirements to attain the objectives. During production, the IT system does not know the stress. The rules it applies come from best practices gathered from its operators.
Furthermore, the ACI is intended to perform production operations at the best possible cost. It creates savings that can be made on energy and the products needed for water processing. It saves on equipment by optimising the operating times and calling on the most suitable production chain for current needs.
* The Diagnosis Aid of Facilities Application is a system created as part of the new IT architecture in SEDIF drinking water production plants. The aim is to increase the availability of the facility and equipment. This smart system operates based on rules and uses the wealth of information found in the archives. It analyses a huge volume of data that could not be tackled by a human operator. The goal is to pinpoint preventive and predictive maintenance operations. This anticipates and prevents breakdowns, thereby reducing the number of curative maintenance actions necessary, which would disturb production.
The ADI analyses the operating times, performance and consequences to compare the to manufacturer’s specifications and to the adjustments made by operators through feedback. At the end of this analysis, it generates intervention requests subsequent to results.
SEDIF (Syndicat des Eaux d’Île de France) is a public body founded in 1923 that serves 144 municipalities in the Paris region. Mission and scope: to distribute water to 544,000 subscribers, amounting to over 4 million consumers, over an area extending across 7 départements (administrative areas).
* 800,000 m3 produced every day,
* 95 % of water is produced by 3 plants from 3 major rivers in Ile-de-France: the Seine, the Marne and the Oise,
* 4 million consumers,
* 8,784 km of pipes (comparable to the distance between Paris and Mexico),
* 600 million euros annual budget in 2010,
* 250,000 water analyses per year or one analysis every 2 minutes.
SEDIF and its delegation, Veolia Eau - Banlieue de Paris, have been ISO 14001 certified since 2002 for their environmental process.
About Atos WorldGrid
Atos WorldGrid™, an international entity of Atos Origin, is a world leader of smart energy. With an unprecedented track record in the energy & utilities market of more than 35 years, it brings together all its technological solutions for intelligent production, transport, distribution and marketing of energy. Atos WorldGrid delivers solutions to optimize various operating processes in its clients’ information systems. Atos WorldGrid has over 1,000 engineers, and generates annual revenues of € 150 million. For more information on Atos WorldGrid, look at www.atosorigin.com/atosworldgrid
About Atos Origin
Atos Origin is a leading international information technology (IT) services company, providing hi-tech transactional services, consulting, systems integration and managed operations to deliver business outcomes globally. The company’s annual revenues are EUR 5.1 billion and it employs 49,000 people. Atos Origin is the Worldwide Information Technology Partner for the Olympic Games and has a client base of international companies across all sectors. Atos Origin is quoted on the Paris Eurolist Market and trades as Atos Origin, Atos Worldline, Atos WorldGrid and Atos Consulting.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.