CA Technologies New, Expanded Service Catalog Transforms IT Into a Proactive, Strategic Business Partner
Latest Version Delivers Greater Visibility into Core Business Processes
ISLANDIA, N.Y., - CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) today announced the availability of CA Service Catalog r12.5, designed to enable enterprise business and service providers to provide transparency in their Service Offerings, align service quality to business needs, and to gain greater business insight.
“CA Service Catalog enables you to publish a top-down oriented service catalog that provides a 360-degree view of offerings, and helps remove the disconnect between what IT provides and the expectations of their business users. This allows IT to better align with the business and to replace costly, labor-intensive manual fulfillment methods,” said Brian Bell, general manager of Service Portfolio Management at CA Technologies. “With this new version, companies can better manage service costs and consumption, and provide visibility into service usage in financial or business terms, rather than as technical operational metrics.”
CA Service Catalog r12.5 delivers:
* Increased Value by communicating service offerings in rich descriptive business language in a centralized Service Catalog
* Reduced Risk by helping to ensure that service delivery is aligned with request service levels and customer expectations
* Agility by automating service delivery processes from request to approval to fulfillment and speeding time to service provisioning
* Reduced Costs by understanding the value of services consumed in financial terms and comparing rates to industry benchmarks
“Since we began using the new CA Service Catalog, customer satisfaction has increased to 98 percent for requests, from a low of 62 percent,” said Harry K. Butler, director of Infrastructure, Elbit Systems of America. “File share access service used to be a two to four day process. Now we are turning those requests around in just two to four hours. Best of all, our Finance team confirmed that while we had originally planned for ROI in 14 months, based on number of requests processed and human cost savings, we actually realized ROI in six months instead.”
According to Ovum*, “The tight integration of CA Service Catalog and CA Service Accounting provides businesses with visibility into IT service costs and consumption by business unit. Businesses can then implement corporate cost allocation for IT services based on actual usage and business rules, and generate billing adjustments for breaches in service quality.”
The new features in CA Service Catalog r12 include:
* New IT Process Automation Manager - enterprise class tool provides repeatable and extensible automation
* Included Service Accounting – automated invoicing, usage-based billing and rollup of charges, and support for standardized allocation methodologies
* New CA Business Intelligence – powerful enterprise reporting engine based on SAP Business Objects Enterprise
* New Forms Designer - automated data capture and third party integration that speeds user requests and reduces errors
* Enhanced Request Service Level Agreements - set expectation of service delivery and improve the IT customer relationship
* Enhanced Service Request Controls - reduce administration and increase management oversight
* Enhanced End-User Experience - updated interface and a reduction in steps needed to create a request
CA Service Catalog r12.5 is available now for Microsoft Windows Server with Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle database support.
For more information on CA Service Management, please visit:
* On the Web: http://www.ca.com/us/products/detail/CA-Service-Catalog.aspx
* Blog: http://community.ca.com/blogs/itil/
* On Twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/caitservice
* On YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/user/CAincVideo
* Case Study: Raymond James enhances service quality and reduces costs with improved request and asset management
* Tech Brief: Service Level Management Through An Automated Service Catalog
*Ovum Butler Group, “Technology Audit: CA Service Management Suite r12”, by Balachandar Ganesh and Stephen Mann, February 2010.
About CA Technologies
CA Technologies (NASDAQ: CA) is an IT management software and solutions company with expertise across all IT environments – from mainframe and distributed, to virtual and cloud. CA Technologies manages and secures IT environments and enables customers to deliver more flexible IT services. CA Technologies innovative products and services provide the insight and control essential for IT organizations to power business agility. The majority of the Global Fortune 500 relies on CA Technologies to manage evolving IT ecosystems. For additional information, visit CA Technologies at www.ca.com.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.