Rolls-Royce announces Air Transat extended Trent 700 products and services order
Rolls-Royce, the global power systems company, announced today it has won an order from Air Transat for extended TotalCare® services and Trent 700EP (Enhanced Performance) engine kits, which are designed to improve efficiency and environmental performance.
The new seven year extended TotalCare services contract covers five Trent 700-powered Airbus A330s, four of which were covered under previous TotalCare arrangements. The new EP kits will be incorporated into the airline’s Trent 700 engines over the next two years.
Lewis Prebble, Rolls-Royce, Vice President of Customer Business, North America said: “We have a long term relationship with Air Transat and are delighted that they have become the latest customer to choose Trent 700EP technology. This will deliver positive economical and environmental performance benefits for our customer.”
Allen B. Graham, President and CEO of Air Transat said: ”Environmental improvement and cost effectiveness are cornerstones of Air Transat fleet operations. By transferring the latest Rolls-Royce technology to our A330s we are able to reduce fuel burn, minimize greenhouse gas emissions and our costs.”
The Trent 700 EP kit will yield a reduction in fuel burn of more than one per cent and CO2 emissions levels of more than 800 tonnes per aircraft per year for Air Transat.
To date, more than 150 Trent 700EP kits have been sold. The Trent 700 is the only engine specifically designed for the Airbus A330. It remains the market leader for the aircraft with a captured market share of 75 per cent over the last three years and 81 per cent market share in 2009. The engine offers outstanding levels of performance while delivering the highest available thrust.
1. Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, has established a strong position in global markets - civil aerospace, defence aerospace, marine and energy.
2. As a result of this strategy, Rolls-Royce today has a broad customer base comprising more than 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers, including 70 navies, and energy customers in nearly 120 countries, with an installed base of 54,000 gas turbines.
3. In 2009, Rolls-Royce invested £864 million on research and development, two thirds of which had the objective of further improving the environmental aspects of its products, in particular the reduction of emissions.
4. Introduction of latest Trent family technology to the Trent 700 ensures increased benefits to customers. The Trent 700 is the most environmentally friendly engine on the A330, with the greatest cumulative margin to CAEP 4 international emissions legislation. Today, the Trent 700 has achieved 13 million hours of operation since entering service in 1995.
5. TotalCare, tailored for individual operators, offers a range of services from Rolls-Royce covering all aspects of asset management in support of its Civil Aerospace products. Building on the company’s knowledge, experience and infrastructure, these services include elements such as predictive maintenance, logistics management, and global repair and overhaul offerings. TotalCare can remove uncertainties from engine management and improve operational reliability for operators through a mutually aligned business relationship.
6. A significant and growing industry player in North America, for more than 100 years, Rolls-Royce employs nearly 8,000 people at more than 66 US locations in 26 states and seven sites in six Canadian provinces.
7. Air Transat has a fleet of 18 Airbus A330s and A310s and is an Airbus “Operational Excellence” Award recipient. It carries some 3 million passengers annually to nearly 60 destinations in 25 countries and employs approximately 2,000 people. Air Transat is a subsidiary of Transat A.T. Inc., an integrated international tour operator with more than 60 destination countries distributing products in more than 50 countries.
This news content was configured by WebWire editorial staff. Linking is permitted.
News Release Distribution and Press Release Distribution Services Provided by WebWire.